• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 30, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Art,

Here is the rivet from JD. This is the 2"x1/2" one but they are available in different sizes. Part number 17H90.
134661.jpg

The cub fairy arrived today with a care package....
drool.gif
thumbsup_old.gif

thx Charlie!!

Scott T - don't tease me like that; I'm expecting the Cub Fairy to show up at my house any day now, too!

I am trying to understand the wording on page 2-42 ser manual about steel ball spacer in flex disc.?? I am stumped about this Is it like a pilot bushing or a steel ball??
help.gif
}{

Dumb question. What would I use a rear pto for? I have used them with mixer/grinders and elevators on "big" tractors" but what with a Cub?

Art; Go to the power co. for those pins. They are galvinized. Get in thier junk pile and probally find all you need. They are used in lots of overhead power line hardware. They range from 1.5 to about 5 in. long. We used to throw them in the junk every day.

Anybody see the tiller gearbox on eBay going for $300 at the moment??? YIKES!!!

RICHARD P. - Rear PTO on a gear drive CC is a left-over from the CUB Farmall rearend. And due to the reduction gears on the front of the transmission the PTO on the CC's have "Issues" They're a "Special" oddball spline, turn the wrong direction compared to Large farm tractors and run at only 515 rpm instead of 540 rpm. For light duty jobs like running bale elevators, augers, etc. they could only be used with a add-on gearbox made by HUB CITY MFG. to change the direction of rotation and speed them up a bit. Those gearboxes are pretty scarce and pricy but I know Charlie has one in His stash of parts. The PTO on Cub Farmall's ran engine RPM to mostly power belly-mounted mower decks and other specific CUB mounted attachmnets.

Haven't been here for a long time. A long long time. But had a question as I started working on my Cubs again this spring. Will the cast iron rear end/hydro off a spare 123 I have work with my 1984 782? The 782 has disk brakes of course and is aluminum in construction. Was just wondering.

Richard P,

I remember years ago when my Great Uncle was farming, he would use the rear PTO on his 122 to run the grain auger during harvest to auger grain from the truck box into the bin. The auger had a special dual shaft gearbox on it so the PTO drive shaft could be attached on either side of the auger. This worked great with the Cub's backward rotation.

Neil C,
I think you'll have to swap the hydro pump as the 123 isn't a "ported" pump for hyrdo lift like your 782.

Thanks Ron and Dennis. I got to help out on a farm 25 years (a life time) ago. I have nothing but very good memories of the time I spent. - Peace -

Can anyone tell by the looks of this tiller if it will fit a Cub Cadet 100? I've never seen CC tiller in person so I know little about them. I've got 2 CC 100's with mules. Do I need anything else to attach this to them besides the long belt? I'm thinking maybe there should be right angle gearbox that I'm not seeing here.

Thanks for reading this rambling note and for any help you can give.

Randy

149039.jpg

149040.jpg

Charlie, those are pictures of the $300 gearbox I was talking about!!

I wonder if the buyer is aware that it was painted an incorrect color scheme? I believe the gearbox should be raw aluminum, or at least IH white.
coffee.gif

Randy J,

In addition to the gearbox mentioned by Charlie, you will need a narrow frame sleeve hitch for your 100 to lift the tiller if you don't have one already. I'd also recommend a helper spring attachment to help lift the tiller as they weight around 175 lbs or really strong arms without one.

Latest posts

Back