• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 30, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
David G.
The only time I've ever heard of that happening is when you leave the key switch on or there's a short in the switch.

Bruce,
Those are the Oval reflectors that are commonly cracked & rusty from Original series to ? not sure where they quit with these. I am looking at some non corrosive materials for the backer as well as nearly indestructible UV stabilized Polycarbonate plastic for lenses.
Finding a molder is key for this project, one that already molds this material would be best. **I'm trying to work the Cub network here, so if any one has a contact give me a Hollar**

Bryan,
You talking about these? Seems they are on closeout now.
54141.jpg

Reproduction Stimsonite #15 reflectors
Available for $5.00 each plus shipping from Memory Lane Classics. They accept Visa, MC, AMEX

or prepay with check or MO.

Call (419) 832-3040 M-F 9:00-5:00 ET or fax (419) 832-2015 to order. Reference item #R112067.

Glen, That "mud paddle" is also known as an" axel-snapper". The tire doesn't have any slippage, with those on. With no slippage in a tough spot, the weakest link goes, the axle.

Charlie

Thanks. Yes, I am talking about a rear mounted plow. I will take that pin out.

Will there be someone helping with setups on the plows at Rockford (for Greenhorns)? Have used mine once, but dont know if it is set a its best capacity.

Dave

Rick - I'm rackin my brain tryin to remember the foreman I had when I was on a mold injection machine in 78-79. He went to the far U.P. of MI. and opened his own shop. He may be retired or even dead now ... the ol lady may remember his name, I'll ask her when she gets home.

Well I remembered his name and did a search in MI but came up zip. I did a nation search and found one in IL. Looks like outta luck on that source.

Rick-
Since you've already put the work into getting those repro reflectors going, maybe your "nitch" could be reflectors in custom colors?....

My vote is for the LED and "blue dot" versions!
thumbsup.gif

On the idler pulley brackets on our 102, with bolt on mule drive, there are two set of holes for the pulley shaft to go through. What set of holes do you use for a 38 inch deck? The shaft is in the back set of holes, and the belt doesn't seem to line up right. Was wondering if the shaft should be in the other holes or not. Thank You!

Glen,
It looks like that is a Dear John model "LA", and the yellow things on the wheel are supposed to help you when you are in the furrow buy "biting" into the side of the furrow. Another one of JD's better ideas.

If you were to sharpen those up you could use em to help cut the grass!
err.gif

I'm wondering now if I could make some from oold lawnmower blades, hmmm, another project that won't get finished. Hopefully will break into the 72 and get something done this week, maybe, gasp, it will be running by the weekend! Well, I can hope in one hand.....

I plan on attending the Plow Day in Indiana in April but I'll probably need help getting set to whatever specs there may. Do I need to bring any special tools or equipment to this? This will be my first Plow Day

Matt - There is now PD listed for Indiana. The one on 04-14-07 is in Iowa. There was one in IN last October but I don't see one for this month.

Is everybody okay out there after all the wicked weather ?

Ken, I was watching the news Fri and they were showing the devastation in TX and they showed someone's Cubshed was blown and/or washed away. There were a couple of Cubs sitting among some Building remnants. It was only on screen for a second, but I knew it right off. The Cub in the foreground had round fenders and IIRC there was no hood.

all fine here Ken, when the thuderboomer went through I had a brown 4 legged footstool, kinda funny how the dog knows when the weather is crappy. Cubs are all safe and in from the weather.

Mike M:

Here is an excerpt from the Mower Deck Installation Manual...

54161.jpg

Rick,

My Dad is T&D at a plastic shop I'll ask him if he knows someone. His shop doesn't do polycarb, I do know that for sure he might be able to find something out though.

Thanks for the replys on my reflector mold. I'll definatly finish it...who knows what could happen to the other "source".Besides I enjoy the challenge, those little prism's make you cross eyed if you stare at them long enough.
We'll keep this one under tight "Cub Control".
I think some flashing red or orange LED's would be pretty trick.

Back