• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

15 ho kohler command for a 782

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am going to look at this kohler motor that was in a cub cadet. He said he bought it to put on a go cart and never got around to it and it’s just sitting taking up space in the garage. I’m needing a replacement engine for the kohler series 1 17 hp in a 782. I have two questions. 1) Are these engines reliable? 2) if you look at the flywheel screen and see the aluminum piece in the center, is that the coupling to attach it to the driveshaft?

Attachments

• IMG_4241.png
    IMG_4241.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 17
I put one of those in my 682 loader tractor. It is a pretty decent engine. I have so far had zero issues with it. The driveshaft coupling from the 782 will bolt right up to that.
You will have to make some spacers to raise the engine up to align it with the transmission, adapt a muffler, make a muffler box, and seal up the firewall a bit.

IMG_20200612_161028.jpg

IMG_20200619_153110.jpg

I added this extra piece of sheetmetal above and the ring with seals on either end below to make sure the engine is only getting cool air from behind the firewall for cooling and not recycling hot air from the engine compartment.

IMG_20200629_170714.jpg

IMG_20200716_161910.jpg

Muffler is a used muffler from a John Deere lawn tractor (STX38 if I remember right) with a vertical shaft Kohler Command single cylinder, modified to fit.

IMG_20200722_164053.jpg

Galvanized sheet steel muffler box

Command_relay.png

You will also need a relay wired like this to run the ignition since the Command is magneto ignition and the 782 is battery ignition.

Latest posts

Back