Archive through March 29, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve A.
There's several threads over in the IH Cub Cadet's larger relatives section on the 154's.
thumbsup.gif

Kraig,

Thanx for the info!
I found the little lever to disengage the hydrostatic pump... it's there, but very dirty, so I didn't notice it :)
I guess I don't have the PTO fitted as well as any other equipment.

What I do have is a ball/pin-hitch at the back, but it is too far inwards (under the seat) to hitch up a trailer on the ball-hitch as the release from the trailercoupling comes in contact with the backplate behind the seat. So I will have to find a way to extend the hitch to the rear as the main function of my 123 will be manouvring my trailers and caravan around.

I am very glad I found this forum, only thing I find difficult is that there are no seperate threads in this sub-section, so it's hard to find your own posts and the answers to it...
I'm more used to forums like www.phpbb.com etc.

Best wishes,

Remco

I need some ideas on relining or replacing the brake band on my Original. What's the most economical way to do this? I don't mind doing it myself if I can get the materials. Anyone have any experience with this ??

Thanks, Rick

Remco, spend a little time learning your way around this place and it gets pretty easy. There are places for everything decent here. Welcome to the forum.
baldguy.gif

the adapter pic is just what i was looking for thanks alot,jared

Jim T.
Glad I was some help. Adding a second pin like you did works too. I think the orginal thinking behind the pin set up was to pull the pin and turn it around and leave it in the tractor.

The only time I use the locking pin is when I'm plowing with the moldboard plow. Leaving pin in place will cause some damage to lift system when mowing or pushing snow.

Ok more questions: I'm working on getting my tiller and 1450 ready for the garden here in another week or so. I have never used tiller or tractor so I'm learning all of this. I kind of wanted to just play with my cultivator and plow before I hooked the tiller up and was thinking I could use the tiller gearbox mounting bracket as my lower link for the 3 pt. However, it is about 2" wider than my sleeve hitch. Is there a way to do this? Just wondering if I'm missing something or this is just not possible. Thanks.

Thanks Jim and Digger, my right hand man should be picking up my 129 on monday. I was hoping that a sleeve hitch or 3 point hitch would fit with the gear box still on. I'd like to be able to hang things like my sprayer and things like a culivator on the back with out pulling the gear box.

Are the tiller gear boxes the same as the gear box on s qa series snow blower?

Thanks guys, Deano

Charlie,

The gear box IS on, but its much wider than my sleeve hitch. Also, it looks like the sleeve hitch will hit the gearbox when raised.

Dean and Jim T.,
You can add 2-3 imches to your sleeve hitch arms and use the tiller bracket with your sleeve hitch. I add the same amount to the top link.
81778.jpg

This way you can leave tiller bracket on year round if you want to.

Jim T.
Look at Charlie's and my picture showing tiller bracket. Both have the inner bracket so there is support on both sides of the sleeve hitch.

I've repaired enough sleeve hitch brackets to know you need support on both sides of the sleeve hitch.

Rick, McMaster Carr has brake and clutch material that would work, may even be able to get some from NAPA. I don't remember if their bonded on or riveted but if their bonded there is some high quality urethane epoxy that will hold great. I was going to do the same to my Original but it doesn't have the drum brake any more.

Any yet another question- (Yes, I have alot going on w/ the 1450.) Has anyone read the manual on setting "neutral"? Good grief! Is it just me or is this as clear as mud? It says "push speed control forward.....loosen cam bolts...raise cam to highest position and tighten to hold in place.....start engine.???? Maybe it's just me but my tractor cannot be started in this configuration. You must depress the brake pedal which will then return the speed control lever to the "neutral" (or close) position. It then goes on to have you do a number of other things like this that either assume you have already done certain things or they just leave steps out. At any rate the speed control lever still does not return to "neutral" and the tires still roll when in neutral. Guess I'll just have to pull it into "reverse" to get it to stop. As impressive as Cubs are this manual is a joke.

Newby ???????
Not sure if this is the right forum.
I had a Hydro 1720 gave to me and I'am looking for a service manual for it.
I don't know how old it is but it has a
MFG Date# C238G
Ser.# 133570
Model# 138271100 and when I try to look up the manuals there model #s are all 3 or 4 numbers long
Please help
phight

Phillip, make your post in the CCC/MTD built cub cadet forum, yours was built after IH sold off the cub cadet line. I know on my CCC built 982, the model number referance for parts ect, its the latter part of the huge long model number. Mike

Jim, if I can remember correctly if it's like my 782 you would loosen your two cam bracket bolts and lower the bracket just a little bit if it's creeping forward. And if it gets better, just keep doing that step till it doesn't creep anymore in nuetral. Now if it got worse then you know i just told you to move the bracket the wrong way.

Jim T.
My manual says to have rear wheels off the ground when you set neutral. Info I'm looking at is on page 2-57 of an IH service manual. .

Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back