• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to IH Cub Cadet Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

IHC Model 106 For Sale

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbrady

displayname
John Brady
I offer for sale a Cub Cadet Model 106 in all original condition. It has the Kohler Model K241A, 10hp engine and a 42" mower deck. I got it last year and intended to restore it but have no indoor facilities and health issues dictate that I will not be able to restore it. It was running when I got it and I mowed twice after replacing the mower belt and sharpening the blades. I had quite a bit of blow-by when working hard and the brakes were not at all good. The brake linkage was out of adjustment. I put a few new parts on and changed engine oil. After downloading all the manuals I could find and getting advice from a small engine mechanic, I decided to see if I could unstick some suspected stuck piston rings. The seller to me, a longtime friend, showed me a receipt for having the piston replaced with a new one in 2014. I have not verified that. I loaded the engine with Seafoam, hoping to dissolve some carbon and laid it up covered last fall. There it sits. I have the new brake linings and rivets. Never spun a rivet in my life. I have 2 quarts of the correct oil and an NIB Chinese replacement carburetor (I got for testing purpose as I suspect the throttle butterfly is leaking air. I wish to get back what I have in it and pass it on to an enthusiast/collector. My asking price is $300, which I think is fair, and I'll help you load it. I might consider a trade for a good running self-propelled lawn mower for it. 573-289-3381 or [email protected]. It goes to Craigslist at the end of the month.
RIMG0688.JPG
RIMG0689.JPG
RIMG0690.JPG
RIMG0691.JPG
RIMG0692.JPG
RIMG0693.JPG
RIMG0694.JPG
RIMG0696.JPG
RIMG0698.JPG
RIMG0699.JPG

OK. I have seen a few views. I tried to research what this tractor is worth but really don't have a clue. Can anyone tell me what a fair price would be? I'd like it to go to someone that would restore it or at least use the parts for another restoration. I still would like to trade it for a working lawn mower. Any help/opinions out there/

I paid $400 for a running 107 with a mower deck that is in overall good, mostly original condition. Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN area. I see non-running Cubs for $100-$300 on Craigslist in my area. Hope this helps!

Where are you located?
May make the difference when it comes to finding a buyer that would be close to you.
I've gone as much as 300 miles for the right piece of equipment before.

A complete tractor would bring 200.00 in my area of Tennessee. If you have not had any interest on here by now, I would go ahead and put it on Craigslist. I might also ask 300.00 obo so someone could talk you down.

Located in Rocheport, MO. About 15 miles west of Columbia, MO. In the middle of the state halfway between St. Louis and Kansas City, MO.

Reduced price, still for sale. I just spent some time on the 106, which has been sitting for two years (covered), I drained the Seafoam from the crankcase, put some fresh gas in and got the tractor fired up. The carb float bowl leaked and the gasket on it was shot. I put the Chinese (new) test carb on as I had no spare gasket and the tractor finally settled down to its normal bone-rattling idle after it blew out a bunch of carbon and smoke. As far as I can tell, the only changes in condition from earlier are: #1, a rear tire leaking around bead. #2, The original carb issue (gaskets needed for float bowl and bowl retainer nut. #3, a new battery installed (year old but kept on float charger since bought). #4, mower unmounted. Health and lack of facilities dictate I pass this tractor on to someone who can better utilize and appreciate it. I am now asking $250 or best offer and it is going on CL today at the same price.

Sold this Cub today for asking price to a local gent that has the facilities and knowledge to take care of it for its future. Best of all, he will use it instead of it sitting around. Made both of us happy, I think.

John B - nice to hear your 106 is going "back to work".
Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die

Back