• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 29, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcarson

displayname
jared carson
was anyone able to find the pic of the homeade brinly adapter i asked about,isearched it but no luck.
also had some good luck with the 1250 i was working on it seems that it smokes less a lot less after i changed the oil TWICE. the first oil was like gasoline. it now runs good but still smokes some ,i can live with that.,thanks,jared

Andy VW. 6"5"... dang I'm only 6"3 1/2". Gotta look up to you.
biggrin.gif

The snow is melting!!! It better get nice and warm today. Fancy and I have a lot of stuff to get ready. We're going to take off the blade and the snowthrower. It's time for some moving the Cub stuff around.

Jim T.
Here is a picture of my 149. It is the same as your 1450.
81701.jpg

The lockout pin is used to put down pressure on the lift system. Some use it when plowing and some don't. It depends on your set up.

jim t....on tube in tires...on the subject of rear tires, only the ones that have fluid in them, are the ones that i have put tubes in...main reason is to protect the rims from rusting, and as was mentioned earlier, so that if you happen to break the bead, all your fluid will not come out.( unlike your auto, it is preffered to keep your pressure low, so that you have a more smoother ride , and so that the tire lays flatter, which gives better traction. 5-15 p.s.i. should be enough), as for the front tires, i have been adding tubes as i replace the tires,because of problems in the past getting the bead to stay sealed, one tire fellow i deal with says it is the small rim size, and i have not had problems since i started to do it. Only other thing i can add here is that i have only seen one set of tires that came with tubes, come on a cub cadet that either myself or my freind have purchased over the past 10 years, that is about 15 cubs. so tubes in a cub cadet tire is not a common site, unless you happen to be at one of the plow days......one last note, i feel that adding fluid to your tires is one of the best ways to add weight to you cub, and be it plowing or pushing snow, or even cutting grass on a gental slope, with fresh morning dew, these cubs can use the extra weight

Lip - I don't know, I'll tell ya in 3 years when I'm 53 if a 30 year old excites me
biggrin.gif

Yea I wuz happy one other time ... while your computer was on the fritz
roflol.gif

Ken - A tip of my hat to ya; two two good zingers in one brief post.

chef.gif
tophat.gif

If I knew how to do it, these guys would be tipping their hats to ya!

Too cold and the mud is starting to thaw making a mess of things outside. Plus the battery charger gave out two months ago and the 125 battery is dead. So, Fancy and I are going to try for tomorrow. We hopped in the Dakota and cruised past the implement dealer so he could see the equipment before coming back in the hosue. That little kitty is just like a kid.

Kraig: Thank you for the pictures. It looks like mine is a 123 indeed, only it's been painted over (rather badly) and there are some levers missing: the three on the right side (one with a sticker next to it, one big one with a black handle and the one with a link to somewhere near the engine)

Andy: nice to see that I'm not the only dutch guy :)

Best wishes,

Remco

Remco, the big lever is for lifting implements such as a mower deck, snowthrower, snow blade or a rear grader blade if the optional rear hitch is installed. The little lever ahead of the big lever is for engaging the PTO clutch (Power Take Off) which is located at the front of the engine. The PTO clutch provides power via a belt for the mower deck or snowthrower. The little lever is for releasing the Hydrostatic pump in order to roll the tractor with the engine not running.

81711.jpg

I have a Cub Cadet 105. I took it all apart and then put it back together. I forgot how to how to put one part back. Does anyone have any info on how to put the spring assist on for the implement lift? Thanks in advance . Don McGowan.

Dale,

I see the bolts that hold the lift arm on and then I see the pin with the cotter pin in it just above those bolts. Is there another pin above that pin in that top hole. I can't really tell from the pic.

Jim T.
There are 2 pins above the bolts. One pin is there all the time(one with the spring pin in it). The other pin is used to take the float out of the lift system. Here is what the lockout pin looks like:
81724.jpg

81725.jpg

Page 20 in a Cub Cadet operator's manual (800 thru 1650) has infomation on the lockout pin.

thanks Dale. I put another pin in the top hole. It doesn't look like that lockout pin but I guess it will work. I made alot of progress on the 1450 today. Got the oil changed, fluid in rearend changed, carb kit, tiller gear box installed, 3 pt. installed, and washed it really good. Drove it around the yard a minute ago with the lights on. They all work well too. All in all a good cub day. Thanks for all the help. My wife says I smell really bad so off to the shower I go. Guess that's the price you pay.

Kraig,
Ya' know I've been looking at that rear 3 point loader thing from across the pond, and I don't know if it would be wortha darn or not. I don't thin it's got the "travel" needed to scoop and load?!?!?

Another thing...isn't that FWD tractor the same thing that Dunham had?

Tom, no I believe Dunham had a Ferrari and it was bigger then the tractor in that add.

Yep Dunham's tractor was a Ferrari but he had magnetic International decals for it.

81727.jpg

Back