Archive through March 29, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the wheels off the ground. Definitely don't want to be chasin it all over the yard. I also looked at Charlie's FAQ but that has more to do with "lurching" than with finding "neutral".

Adrian, you are right. Bump it down if it's creeping forward. Seems to me the simplest thing is to crank the tractor, set the speed control lever to neutral and bump the cam down til the wheels stop turning. Only problem is that once you move the lever forward again there's no guarantee that the brake will bring it back to neutral again. Maybe one day someone that knows more than me will rewrite that part of the manual in a step by step format that actually works.

Charlie & Phillip H.- I'll put a note for you both in CCC/MTD in 'Graeme's Lincoln'

Seems we need a little reminder on what goes on this page.
biggrin.gif

Please try to use this topic for discussion about IH Garden Tractors built prior to 1981.

Rick B-
I replaced the brake band on my Original with a new one, but they weren't bad (to buy) back then.

Funny thing is, the brake band was VERY tight to install, and hasn't really streached out much, so that makes me think the supplier may have changed from whoever the original was.

If my "rememberer" is working right, I think the material is riveted on...

Charlie - Actually you have to say "Limited to Cub Cadet Garden Tractors..." as the Cub Tractor was IH's Garden Tractor.
biggrin.gif

Art, your "rememberer" is working pretty good today. The Original brake lining is riveted on.

81796.jpg

Latest posts

Back