• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 27, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RYAN - All Kohler's in that list of Q/L's. The 1100 got an 11 HP Briggs but then it wasn't actually a Q/L.

So quick question guys....And if you dont mind can i get an answer kinda quick kuz i have to take the frame into school tonight so i can work on it in class tommorow

So i was looking at the frame cleaning off all that crud build up and i want to lay down some good solid paint so i dont want all that grease to ruin the paint but i cant get some parts because the front axel is in the way so is it really nessary to take it off and how hard is it and how do you take it off

Thanks Anthony

Ryan W:

On the 42" decks, those tags should be:
42U1111 and 42U1113.

There are actually more models than just those but the last four digits are revisions or engineering changes. Outwardly, or to the naked eye, they look the same. Checking with the Parts Manual (CPE-2) there are slight differences.

thumbsup.gif

Should the pin fit the pin fit exactly or just hit in the middle of it?

And same goes for putting it back on?

BUT Charlie
What do you do when the pivot pin does not move when you are attempting to remove it from the axle?
I have one here that the pivot pin was moveing freely in the axle, when I was attempting to remove it, it would not slide out of the axle no matter how hard I pounded on it with my 10pound maul or even after heating the axle red hot with a oxy/cel torch.

Good news guys,

I received an e-mail from a friend who works in the Kohler engine division - engineering group. He states that the Kohler K-series engine parts are not being phased out for at least another 5 years, and should remain available through Kohler dealers.

On another subject, I need to get in touch with Maynard Ostrowski, a past member and contributor to our Cub Cadet forum. Anyone knowing his whereabouts, please let me know.

Back