• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 27, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig, I think your right.

53969.jpg

Hmm, how to put this;
I have taken the isomount bolts out, removed the engine/cradle, then removed the bolts from the engine to remove the cradle/motormount. This may be a pain, but is the only method I know to remove them. I've taken the engines out of couple friend's 1000, 1200, 1250, and 1650 many times using this method. I tell ya, lifting the engine by myself is a pita! They always say wait I'll help but I'm stubborn, impatient, and just plain STUPID! DO NOT lift an engine by yourself unless it's light or your a proffessional weightlifter. The chiropractor is a good friend of mine....

Oh and Charlie,
What do you expect? It's soon to be mine and anything that's even remotely close to me is a pain in the rear! I'm cursed.(my last name has nothing to do with it!)

Earl,
Since the engine was just rebuilt not long ago, that a little fine tuning will solve that cranky part. I'm just used to Cub firing off at 2 maybe 3 revolutions.
bouncy.gif

My 123 (Ole Joe) fires off at one roll over, pretty much the same with the 149.

Earl

Hope your feeling better. I just put the ISO mounts in my 1650. I felt a little silly, but when it came time to put the engine back in... I I took tractor out by my shed and used a limb of a large oak tree and my chain hoist. My 10 year old ran the hoist and I did the alignment and assembly. Hope to get a cherry picker so I can work inside for such projects.

Dave

Hi Fellas,

This may sound like a silly question to some
stupid.gif
but would someone please tell me:

How can I tell the difference between a Quiet-Line and a non-Quiet-Line Cub?
confused.gif

Thanks!
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Ryan, the Quiet Line Cubs have the side panels on the engine compartment and have the squareish hood/grill. Yellow/White with Blue stripes. Models 800, 1000, 1200, 1250, 1450 and 1650.

53981.jpg

Ryan W: The Yellow/White models 800, 1000, 1200, 1250, 1450 & 1650 were introduced by IH in 1974 as the Quiet Line series. This included an enclosed muffler system, Iso-Bar engine mounts, and full side panels. The Model 1100 later introduced in 1978 is not a QL model.

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

The Quiet Lines are the pretty ones!!!

Earl: I have carried the 1000 10hp about all I want. Got a used Hoy lift from the hospital I work at for free just the nuts for these Cubs.

Pops

Matt G. With my measuring tape it appears to be about 4 1/2 - 5 inches. Thats approximate

Hello,

I am a first time poster, but long time reader. I was noticing the discussion on rigid versus rubber mounting of engines. I am currently in the process of rebuilding my 782. I am putting a mag 18 in it. Would it be a good idea to rubber mount it, as opposed to using the original steel mount? If so, would anybody know which mounts from another model would bolt into my 782. Any help would be great.

Jeff B.-

Thanks! That'll be good enough.
thumbsup.gif

David E.-

No need to use rubber mounts on a twin. They are smooth enough as it is. I believe all of the 82 series tractors that used either a KT-17 or an M-18 have solid mounts, which will be just fine. The rubber mounts were used in the Quietlines in an attempt to reduce vibration of a single cylinder engine.

Kraig McC., Myron B. & Pops,

Thanks for the insight on the Quiet Line tractors!

If I may, I have one more related question.

Since the QL group includes models 800, 1000, 1200, 1250, 1450 & 1650.
What engines came in them - a mix of Kohlers, B&S and/or some Onan's?

Thanks!
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Fellas,
I have another question concerning two 42" mower decks.
One has a I.D. #42U111 the other is I.D. #421113.

However, I see no difference between them -- What's up with that??

Thanks in advance - again!
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Kraig,
The wire brush I use is steel, I also will use a brass wire wheel.
I will post photos of the wire brush I use tomorrow.

Back