• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 27, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lbuttke

displayname
Lonny Buttke
I did a trunion repair job on my 127 today, talk about fun. Trying to weld up the trunion without removeing the rearend from the frame is not a fun thing to do. Removeing the springs is a real pita.
But with a little perswaision with a pry bar they came out, then I got to the welding of the slot, not bad but fileing everything back smooth was a job. All in all I would have to say it took me close to 2 hours to do the repair and put the tractor back togther.

I did manage to gey the fule bowl to stop leaking.
Took Terrys advice and smacked the bottom of the bowl a couple of times, put in the new needle seat and needle, leveled the float and put it all back together. hooked the fule line to it, no more leaks.
Sorry Charlie, but looks like I will not need to bring it along to plow day for a fix between rounds.

CD.
Smoke comming from the breather can be a bad thing depending on how much smoke and how hard you are working the motor.
Problems can be as simple as useing the wrong weight oil or a multi grade oil. I found that out the hard way. switched to 30 weight oil and it cleared up. Other thingd it could be are clogged breather, bad rings, bad valves, bad/broken breather spring, ect.
Best thing to do is start with the easy fix first and work your way through any and all things that could be wrong.

C.D.,

My 129 smoked quite a bit out the breather as well. I disassembled and cleaned the breather, drained out the old motor oil, then added 6oz. of Marvel Mystery Oil and topped off with Rotella T 30wt motor oil. After that, I ran it 30-60 minutes and the smoking problem was cured!
It worked for me!
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Hey Everyone,

I'm new to the group. I have a few cubs a 71, 127, 106, 1362 & LT1018. Yeah I know the two really are not the "true" ones but there still tractors.
I was hoping to get guidance for a creeper drive. Will a creeper drive from a 100 work in a 106?

Brian R.
Welcome to the forum guy!
I guess this means I have to put up with you here too! LOL
biggrin.gif

Yes a the creeper will work, you just had to get a handle extension ot put the longer handle on it.
Give Kraig a minute or 3 and I'm sure he will grace us with pictures for ya.
thumbsup_old.gif

Brian R., welcome to the forum!
happy.gif
Yes the creeper from a 100 will fit a 106, however, (<font size="-2">why does there always seem to be a "however"?</font>) the shift lever will be too short but it can be lengthened with a coupler. I'll round up a couple of photos to post to show you what I mean.

Charlie & Kraig,

Well, yeah Kraig ya gotta put up with me here lol! Soon you’ll have Charlie sing the same song! I traded the 1320 with bagger to a dealer for it. It has the cover to accept the handle & breather. I have the drive on my 71 which I'm putting my tiller on (once I get the loader on the 1862 I just seem to have one to many projects) then I'd like to use the mower on the 106 & then rig it up for the cw-35 I'm restoring. I'd say freshen up but at this point the darn thing is just about totally torn apart & needs all new bearings. So, I really need the gear box. Thanks for the heads up.

I guess here’s another question? The 3-point hitch system for a 71 will work in all narrow frames correct?

Charlie,
happy.gif

Brian B., as promised. The first picture below shows a creeper that has the longer shift lever that would be the "correct" creeper for a 106. The next 2 photos show creepers that have the shift lever extension. Looks like they also extended the breather too.

53946.jpg

53947.jpg

53948.jpg

Brian B., actually it was Charlie that made the comment about having to put up with you not me.
happy.gif

Yes a narrow frame 3 point hitch from a 71 will work in any narrow frame Cub Cadet, however, (<font size="-2">here we go again.....</font>), the 1x6/7 require an additional bracket to work. It looks like this:

53951.jpg

The cast top piece of the 3 point hitch mounts in this then this mounts to the rear of the frame. The 1x6/7 have the once piece fender and don't have as ridged of a rear frame section.

Anybody have a picture of a 582 clutch release lever?

Kraig-

The top one appears to be out of a QL because of the short breather, long lever with no visible extension, and rag joint coupler.

Matt, Ah! I don't have any gear drives so I was only guessing with my comment on that top creeper. Thanks for the correction.
thumbsup.gif

Ok, the one without the ext. is what the creeper looks like on my 71. CCCOOOOOLLL!!! I'm coming up to speed now.
Do you guys think the 71 would be able to through snow good? I know it's a garden tractor but, I if I can make the blower work on it maybe just maybe I would? That little 7 hp Kohler is tough but I don't know if it will have enough to really through the snow.
What about the tiller on the 71? Do you guys think that is a good combo? I really don't want to spend insane money here & come to be dissapointed later.

Thanks a bunch for the quick replies. I gotta tell you I really like it here already!!!!!

Brian R., actually the creeper on your 71 would look more like one of the other two that have the extensions on them, but your 71's creeper wouldn't have the extensions. The top photo has a longer shift lever on it then the one that would be in your 71. Regarding the snowthrower question, your 71 should work OK with a snowthrower IF you have the creeper in it AND you have tire chains AND you have enough weight on/in the tires or on the rear.

Kevin,

I suspect the snowblower would work better though on the 106?

Lonny, is the wire brush that you use a brass one or steel? You sure do good work!
thumbsup.gif

Ahh... You guys do miss me, you've already called him Brian B. (which of the two I don't know) twice now. LOL. I don't think I've ever been to another site that had so many Brians in it.
Just to keep this on topic here's a pic for ya.

53957.jpg

Hey! Someone's trying to corrupt my kid.

53958.jpg

Brian R., yes you are correct, I guess we better call the new Brian: "Brian R2."
dunno.gif

Brian R2., I assume you mean me "KRAIG".... Yes the snowthrower would work better on the 106, more HP, you'll still want a creeper in it AND tire chains AND weight on the back.
happy.gif

Back