Archive through March 21, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greg P.
You will need to have a 3 point hitch and sleeve hitch adapter. Here are a few pictures from my 100:
81437.jpg

81438.jpg

rear view-plow connected to tractor:
81439.jpg

Your 104 uses the same parts as a 100 does.

Very disappointing year for snow and my 1650 only got to play (ah) work in about 4-6 inches 1 time. Did get some seat time on working up the garden got peas and onions planted. Thanks for all the help and great reading. One of these days I'll get a camera so I can show the 1650. John

thanks Stan,Keith,and Charlie for the Info. This forum has been a great help to me.I usually get all the info I need by just reading.
thanks again johnny

We got about 8" of heavy wet snow here in minnesota the last 24 hours. Had to put the plow back on. Cleared it last night and thought i would take the rest off today. Was going good till the wife yelled at me that dinner was ready, i turned around, misjudged the ditch, and oops! The 982 wouldnt pull her out so I had to hook up the chevy 4x4! Its all fun... My dad will appreciate these shots cause he helped me build the road/ditch last summer! Happy Easter to all and have fun!
81447.jpg

81448.jpg

81449.jpg

Hello all. I have been a member for awhile but have never posted. I live in Shelby, NC, and have a 70, 124, and 125. The 124 and 125 are workers, and the 70 is a basket-case. I visit this site almost every day and thoroughly enjoy it. The information you guys continue to share and accumulate has helped me avoided numerous problems and enhanced my appreciation of these great old machines.

I have been waiting for an opportunity to arise where I actually knew enough about something to help someone and just got tired of waiting :)

I just wanted to let ya'll know I appreciate the site and the community of cubbers that congregate here.

Dan Swink

Hey guys,
It's been a little while since I've posted but I've lurked a lot. Well, just picked up a 147 hydro with a 48" deck. And I'm starting to work on it now. Let me start by saying that I did look on cubfaq before writing. Got a few questions:
1. I'm not sure that I got the right PTO belt because on cubfaq it says that I need a 3/8 x 75 1/2 but the guys at the dealership were insistent that it was a 3/8 x 80. So I got both. Shortly after installing the shorter belt I tried to test it by engaging the PTO and it started to smoke but not move. So I adjusted the tension (looser). Shortly after that I tried again. This time it snapped. No smoke. Did I get the right belt or should I try the longer(which seems way to long)? Or do you think the pullies on the deck did not recieve enough attention (loosening up)? or both? or did I not install correctly? (I need a visual if possible)
2. The tractor I bought came with a jerry rigged broom handle lift arm instead of the electric lift. I need to fab something else up until I can find an electric lift b/c the broom handle just broke when I tried to lift the deck. Any suggestions? I was thinking a piece of steel pipe over the implement arm...
3. Can't seem to get the thing to start using the key. I've been starting it by bypassing the solenoid. Got a new solenoid but that wasn't it. Still doesn't start. Key switch maybe? or other electrical issue?

Dan, welcome!
wave.gif
groupwave.gif
wave.gif

Wes, welcome!
wave.gif
groupwave.gif
wave.gif
regarding your mower deck, make sure that the (spindles) all turn freely on the deck and the pulleys on the mule drive turn freely. On one of my 42" decks the tension pulley on the spindle belt froze up and smoked the belt and once I had a bearing fail on one of the mule drive pulleys and that smoked a belt too.
bash.gif

Had a pretty good cub day today. I picked up a Cat "0" 12" plow and a cultivator. I guess I need to get started on that 3-point for the 782D now.
happy.gif
I also picked up what I think is a 70/100 headlight panel for some pocket change. How do you tell the difference between a 70/100 light panel and a 1x2/3 one?

Anyone have a picture of the correct 2B tiller gearbox pulley? The lower one for the larger belt that goes to the engine. I have a 1A tiller that has been converted and the pulley just doesn't look right. I am going to run this on my 782 and don't want to chew up any of the long belt since they aren't cheep.
Thanks,
John

Finally found the proper bushing for the cub axles! Found a 3/4 ID with a 15/16 OD That is 3" long. Mcmaster-carr only wants $9.00 each. Should be a good fit with some fun drill work. Should work for most old cubs with a worn front axel.

Matt, The 1x2/3 panel has a rolled over edge on the bottom. 70/100 should be totally flat.

Matt, I believe the headlight panel for a 70/100 is flat and the headlight panel for 1 1x2/3 has a bend along one edge (bottom edge?) for a stiffener. But then I could be wrong.... I see I'm typing too slow today.
happy.gif

Aaron S,

Looks like your wife has got you pretty well trained. You actually turn around when she yells.
My hand Immediatly moves the throttle to the Jackrabbit position.
If you had reacted in this more "Cub appropriate" way, there is a fair chance that you would have lept over the ditch instead of becoming stuck.

Anyway, at least you where Cubbing, I was painting a Mudroom.....guess I'm trained too!!

Keith L.
Well after 17 hours & 903 miles, 4 Cubs, 6 boxes of NOS parts and flat on the freakin trailer, I've decided I'm to old for this kinda crap!
biggrin.gif

81452.jpg

could be worse me and my brother went from northeast illinois to eastern pennsylvaina for a kubota mower for his mowing business. 3 am on the way back a bottle is chucked at the truck and we lose a mirror. 5 am we get a flat on the trailer. the spare had a hole we ended up plugging after we found the plugs and the flat spare and never did find the jack or lug wrench. luckily ford equipped the truck with an emergency jack and lug wrench but it was for the truck lugs took awhile for thetrailer being the wrong size.

Charlie - I hate to see that destroyed tire; it won't affect your delivery charge rate, will it?
yikes.gif

im pretty intent on painting the 100 this week and in the pedastal there is a hole where the p o put a replacement ignition. need som ideas on filling it

Charlie, the young uns would not even have thought of even starting out, someone has to do it.
Michael, JB Can't weld (but don't tell Kentuck), or a Rubber grommet.
Charlie, (a bit the wrong place, MTD site looked good but N.A. for the 1720, still trying, e.g.Binder, what about CC Specialties? The main thing I want to identify just now is the Transmission drain point. I got from Oscars book that Sundstrand is now Sauer-Danfoss & Model is 15-U & downloaded good info & service manual there, good work Oscar.) I know the hydro is 'Swash plate pump' so there are pistons pumping oil in there. Does that explain it being tight to turn the input shaft by hand (with belt removed), or do I have an internal mountain to climb - it seems to run under motor power O.K. but then I have NO experience with Hydro (or a lot of other things for that matter).

Latest posts

Back