Archive through March 21, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie <font color="ff0000">You've got email with heading of "KATHY".</font>

I know , no you've got email post but as many as you get I thought I'd give ya a heads up. It's important.

Here's wishing everyone a Happy and Joyous Easter.
wink.gif

HAPPY EASTER to All!!!

Welcome to the newbies.
wave.gif

Allen S. Maybe Aaron swerved to avoid hitting some kid on a sled.
biggrin.gif

Dan S. Never be afraid to offer advice. Even if it is something simple. I've sometimes posted wrong advice and when someone corrects me then we All learn.

Wes V. When I first started using the 782D for mowing last year after the fourth time I went to mow the deck drive belt would smoke. I removed the deck and the cover. Checked everything and everything seemed okay. Started mowing and after about three minutes... smoking belt. Again checked everything only this time I noticed that the idler pulley bearing had a couple of rusty bearings. Not much though. Since it was on a Sunday and no one would have a pulley I kept using PB Blaster and hand spinning the pulley and repeating. I finally got the bearings clean enough that I ran the rest of the season with no problems.

Charlie. Big time Bummer. I guess you'll just have to start letting us in on where you are finding these long distance Cubs and we'll go pick them up for you.
roflol.gif

Graeme T. Just when you thought it was safe to know that Sunstrand is now Sauer Danfoss. Sauer just announced they have sold controlling interest to Danfoss. Haven't heard of any name change yet.

Marlin/Graeme-

Actually, Sundstrand sold the hydro trans line to Sauer-Danfoss, because Sundstrand still exists today as Hamilton Sundstrand, as a result of a merger with the Hamilton Standard company and being bought by United Technologies Corporation.

Marlin h. RE: Arron S. See Rick Beems post from yesterday at 9:11 pm. When 'She who must be obayed" hollers, things tend to happen....BTDT
rant.gif

Matt G. Thank You for sharing that about Sunstrand. Even though we still make the 15U (there are different versions for different customers) the old timers still refer to it as the Sunstrand 15U. To the best of my knowledge a new Cub Cadet 15U can be ordered through a distributor only no one wants to pay the around $700 (so I've heard) price for one.

Allen S. Aaron must've been really hungry. My Angel knows that I'm "somewhat senile" at times so she'll just come out and inform me as to what's up.

Charlie...Your right...You ARE too old for this...Now just let me know when someone tries to sell you a cub or Old dealership full of Parts... Just let me know and I'll take care of it for you.....
drool.gif

Glad you made it back O.K.

Charlie, they do sell NEW trailer tires. Looks like you could use a set now. Hard on the profits though
happy.gif

Marlin, Matt, Graeme: Just so you will know the rest of the story and that new Cub Cadets with HydroGear brand transaxles are basically the same as the IH Sundstrand transaxles.

Myron B
81470.jpg

Marlin-
"old timers"? It was Sauer Sundstrand up until about 5 years ago wasn't it?

Either way, Sauer-Danfoss makes some first-class stuff. I've seen and worked with some of the latest of their "Plus One" system and they've got their stuff together!

Latest posts

Back