• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 20, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
It has nothing to do with bandwidth and storage space. We have unlimited everything.
It has to do with people putting pics in that make the page so big that others have to scroll to see it all.
We tried that a while back. Even a pic that's 50K and under gets way to big.

We'll try it again, but if things get out of hand, we'll have to convert back.

Vueprint does a super job of converting pics as long as you adjust or set the DPI to 5.

HD pics are not necessary, and there's not a phone out there that can't be set at 1 meg or less to take posting pics with a few taps of the finger.

Hey Daniel Z - hope it's not to late but I think the FAQ chart has a little discrepancy in identifying the belt you need.

You said you were going to get IH-473462 3/8 81". I believe that's the belt for a 38" 3-spindle deck. You have the 38" 2 blade timed deck and according to the CCC parts look-up for the 70 with a 38" 2 blade deck you need Part No. IH-464362-R1 which converts to current Part No. 954-0226 1/2x82". This belt also happens to the be same belt listed on the FAQ for the Original with a 38" 2 blade deck.

Charlie - you might want to verify the above and add a notation to the FAQ chart.

If screen width is an issue, can we not have a resolution limit, i.e. 1024 x 768, instead of a file size limit? That's a LOT easier to accomplish when resizing. The image resizer on my Unix box out in the garage makes pictures extremely small in resolution to get them below 100kb.

Setting the camera to take tiny pictures is not a good solution; you can always make them smaller, but never bigger.

Hi all, I have a 1962 original that has been in continuous service mowing an acre yard for 54 seasons now, getting ready for 2017. I did a rough estimate that it might have 3000-3500 hours on it. Wondered how many others may have a similar track record? Best regards, Brett Howland.

Brett if that's true then wow!!
greenthumb.gif

Attachments

• greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 131
  • greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 138
Brett H. Congratulations with that kind of performance. Would you have a couple of pictures to post?

This little fella followed me home last Sunday. Serial number 285835. He needs some TLC before heading to his new owner. That hole below the 104 is where a PO decided they couldn't adjust the throttle cable the normal way.
bash.gif

313734.jpg

Attachments

• bash.gif
    bash.gif
    904 bytes · Views: 133
  • 313734.jpg
    313734.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 146
  • 313734.jpg
    313734.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 134
Marlin, don't knock that throttle adjustment hole, they work great! LOL!! IH should have done it from the start with a chrome plug!

David

thanks kraig!

I have this 2 spindle mower kit on a 70. Someone can correct me, but I believe I still use the stock deck belt found on the Original:
IH-464362-R1 BELT, DRIVE

Brett- any major work done to it? Maintenance and a well built machine really makes them last.

Hey guys I was just on cregslist and I found a 122 for 250 do you guys think that is a good deal

Quinn, might be, might not be. Depends on condition and what options, if any, it has. Without seeing it, it's hard to say.

Craig C and Kraig McC - (that's quite a line) - I didn't see a response from Kraig to Craig on the question about the belt. I had just provided the same info below to Daniel Z and was hoping to get the some type of confirmation myself (like from Charlie or Kraig).

Here's in part what I stated:
"according to the CCC parts look-up for the 70 with a 38" 2 blade deck you need Part No. IH-464362-R1 which converts to current Part No. 954-0226 1/2x82". "

(By the way, Charlie doesn't seem to have this belt under his "Belts" tab at CC Specialties but I did find it under the "Mower Blades" tab by scrolling down and down and down).

Harry, I read Craig's post as a statement not a question and thus didn't see it as requiring a response.
dunno.gif

I agree that a model 70 with a 2 spindle, 38" mower deck would use a IH-464362-R1 drive belt.

Attachments

• dunno.gif
    dunno.gif
    3.5 KB · Views: 141
Would that belt be the one used with the cast pulley on the 70 or with the mechanical PTO setup? (scratch my head)

Lewis, I'm guessing the cast pulley as that's what's shown on "Adapting Package" spec sheet I posted on Monday. But you bring up an interesting variable.
a_blink2.gif
dizzy.gif

Attachments

• a_blink2.gif
    a_blink2.gif
    1.1 KB · Views: 133
  • dizzy.gif
    dizzy.gif
    367 bytes · Views: 126
Happy Friday All!!! I know this has been discussed before only I can't find where I stored the information. Harbor Freight currently has a HVLP paint gun #47016 on sale for $9.99. I'm tired of buying the expensive spray cans and ready to purchase a good reliable HVLP spray gun. Is the Harbor Freight one any good? If not what would be a good one to purchase? TIA and everyone have a SAFE & wonderful day.
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 139
Marlin,

I'd at least get one with a regulator included......

Lewis P, Kraig, Harry -

My 70 with the 464... belt and 2 spindle deck has the same cast pulley just like an original. no pto clutch.

Latest posts

Back