• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 20, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aschmidt

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Aaron Schmidt - Xtreme Motorworks
Trent, if I could throw my .02 cents at you quick on the power steering. I used the deck lift cylinder like you did, but cut it off flush just before the big hole and welded on a cat 0 weld ball socket for articulation. Then I made my own frame mount like the supers used. Then I took my tires off the rims, welded the valve stem hole shut, drilled a new one on the other side and put the rim on backwards. That gives you about 3/4 - 1" more width per side, and clears the steering cyl. better. Then you can have the shaft on the top of the steering arm. Look at my pics a page back and you can see some of what I am talking about. Just some suggestions. Lookin great though. That is such a cool neat motor. I am thinking about one of those in an Original. Could become next winters project.... Then I also picked up a Chevy 396 big Block out of a early chevelle today.... now what am I going to do with that! I think that I need therapy!

AARON - Biggest engine I've ever seen on a CC rearend was a nice looking 302 FORD in a CC 184 or 154 @ RPRU in Penfield yrs ago. For a 396 BBC I think You'll need a heavier rearend. Neighbor used to do "Chores" with a F-20 FARMALL with a hot-rodded 396, big 4 BBL carb, ZOOMIE Headers, etc. Former pulling tractor. You should have seen that thing on His feed grinder Mix-Mill grinding hog feed. There was a built Turbo 400 A/T ahead of the OEM FARMALL transmission so He could get the engine up in it's powerband on the PTO, plus in "Drive" and high gear He had a 35-40 MPG road gear!
Shift.gif

Dennis, That sounds insane. You know, in the past years some guys have done some extrme things in thier garage, and some of it never even gets seen. I bet that tractor could really grind some corn!

AARON - That old F-20 could grind up a storm for about a half hour. Then it was time to find the Gas Barrel!
roflol.gif

sorry I should have taken these new pictures a week ago and posted them. I have already welded on heim joint ends on the cylinder and I kept it running atthe original "angle" of the steering rod to keep the geometry correct the only problem was the cylinder hitting the frame at full articulation and that was correctd with a 1/4" spacer. also here is my new steering valve from Danfoss
126925.jpg
126926.jpg
126927.jpg

Dennis,
Do you remember seeing that F-12 with theHarley engine in it? That was kool!

my new tractor/donor motor showed up yesterday. It was an abandoned puller project I bought when I found the head was shot on my Kubota V1505-T. I bought the tractor with a ton of extra parts for 1/2 the price of a new bare head for the Kubota. Will have to see what I can get done today.

126948.jpg

TOM - I missed that one( H-D powered F-12)! The Owner must not have started it up when Son & I were there!
I do remember You running Mein Kub down the pulling track to the CC plowing field. Son & I both mentioned how nice it sounded! Just proves the point EVERYTHING sounds better with straight pipes! (at least for a while!)

Back years ago I thought a nice flat head 45 CID Harley twin would be a nice repower for the CC 70. Would have had plenty of HP to run the 38" deck but I never quite figured out how I would have kept the engine cool. Electric fans were a few decades off yet! This was back in about 1969. I had a "Good Harley Shop" close to home also. Lord knows they rebuilt My 125 cc Amerachi-Harley-Davidson enough times while I had it. Hank & Roger Reiman in Kewaunee. Roger was Evil Kineval's(sp?) Favorite tuner for His jump bikes. As much time as Dad & I spent over there chasing parts I can't believe We never met Evil!

RYAN - I like the looks of that engine in that CC....but I sure hope a repaint is in the plans!
roflol.gif

OK. one more F-20 story..I know a guy with an IHC 345 ci V-8 in an F-20. He bolted it in direct drive to the trans. Put 18.4X38 rear tires, balanced the front tires as close as he could, took it down the county tar road, followed by his brother in a pick-up. He said he hit 55 MPH. it scared him so bad he never took it off the yard again..

Done.... Started Nov. 30, 2008 and completed March 22, 2009. Not bad for 4 months. Runs like a dream. I let it run and drove it back and forth in the shop (cause its a mud pit outside) for 15 min and didnt even get up to operating temp.

127045.jpg

127046.jpg

127047.jpg

127048.jpg

Kick a$$, crazy kool, I love it! What kind of centers did you put on the rear?

Tom, Thanks. The rears are my new custom wheel kits that I offer thru my web site. Click on my button up top - Xtrememotorworks

Video will be coming - all the toys i have and i dont own a video camera or digital camera that can take video with sound! LOL

Thanks Charlie ,

I don't know why I can't do that . Guess I'm too
old.gif
to learn old tricks? or sumpin like that.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Aaron-
Nice!782, Let us know what it drive like when you take it outside and get it up to speed.

Making some progress. Decided to revise the motor mounts, and ran out of wire as I was starting to weld up the first one.

131018.jpg

131019.jpg

Back