• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 19, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No actually i think it was just a little gas in the oil, i noticed the front pto, basket is a little wobbly on the shaft and the generator pully is moving around some but not the crankshaft it is fine, found a piece of broken material wedged in the side of the clutch basket. So all in all I think it is the front pto.

Paul Dorow checked the engine and adjusted the carb as best we could i used it to finish the yard when i noticed the pto basketdoing it's number, sounds like a bunch of rocks rolling around but engine is running with not hesitation.

Kendell: We try.
biggrin.gif

Guys just a beatyfull day here and I`am in bad shape.I lifted the battery out of my 5th wheel trailer yesterday under the front and that did my neck in.today its paint meds for me.I`am missing out on seat time here.I have lots to do.Have a great day.

Thanks Charlie I got mail for you yesterday.
old.gif

Frank A. Currier(Northern Maine)
I would say if his breather is not working (CV) the moisture in the oil will make the oil turn colour.
thumbsup_old.gif

I haven't gotten it apart yet but will the guts of the pto bust apart but still function enough to use a mower deck? i have taken deck to have rust holes repaired so now i can take the nose off to work on clutch basket.

Donald- it has tiny bubbles in oil and smells like gas. I am still hoping it is not engine. paul ran it wide open and checked it, he even looked at the oil and said it smelt like gas, and thought the engine was running fine, he also thought it was possibly the front pto.

I am just guessing but I hope it is only the front pto.

Eric....if there's any question of the oil being contaminated, you SHOULD NOT be running the engine until you change the oil. Gas breaks down the oil...your bearings are next.
bottom.gif

If the hub of the PTO clutch is split and moving around on the crank end, it'll ruin the crank. Same results as paragraph one....
shame.gif

i got ot parked now and i am not going to run it any more till i get some of this broken down to find out what is going on.

KENtuckyKEN (Kweaver)
I stand corrected. PAIN lol
a little m and some D for me and soon scotch

Back