• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 19, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elthomas

displayname
Eric Thomas
Scott thanks, I ordered the same material also today, will be in next week. Let me knwo what type of epoxy you use.

PC 7 epoxy worked for me. Its a two part that have to be mixed . I used vice grips and a block of plywood to hold them together. Worked great here

187035.jpg

Wayne S. If the shaft you are trying to take out is the one in the bottom picture sticking out of the aluminum housing that on the opposite end has the trunion lever,the unit must be dissasembled to remove it. That shaft is in reality two stub shafts into the swash plate inside. The two stubs are pinned to the swash plate. You need to study the manual on how to dissasemble the unit. Its not difficult, but you need to know the procedure. The manual shows how to make a holding fixture to set the unit in during internal dissasembly.

Eric - I use to reline brakes (sold everything to Charlie) and I used JB to glue them on while keeping them clamped overnight. 3/16" is a little to thick and will need to be ground down for the rotor to fit between them. I used a 4.5" grinding disc mounted on a stud in the drill press set at the correct thickness with the plate.
Rough up the plate and the backside of the lining before gluing.
I think I even let Charlie get the punch I made to cut out the pad size/shape. A band or coping saw works good for that.
Charlie has my rivet punch too so he can make all the brakes ... if he ever had time
happy.gif

Ken,
I noticed that, too.. the 3/16 is a little too thick.. You gave me an idea to shave them down... Thx!!
Eric, I have the epoxy that Charlie shows on his website, Loctite Epoxy tubs....

Scott thanks, I ordered the same material also today, will be in next week. Let me know what type of epoxy you use.

I was wondering if the front pto would make a slight knocking noise, at low to medium speeds, it clears up in higher rmp range and when i engage the front pto.

Thanks Wayne M. -

This is a job I just jumped into today as part of the 149 restore I'm working on. I sort of bounce around when I have so many things going at once. I'm glad I asked but the shaft didn't appear to be one to go all the way through so I wasn't going to pound on it. The cam was giving me problems coming off the opposite end which actually prompted my questions. I finally got it off and I'm now ready to do some serious cleaning and painting of the hydro and rearend. I never planned to go inside. I'm not sure anything else is needed so....

I'll be so glad when this job is over. I have a 128 and a 100 I need to spend some time on.

Thanks again to all that helped!

Eric - Thant's normal without the "anti-rattle" springs installed.

I hope that is what it is I just know it has a slight knocking sound at low speeds and when i speed up the engine it clears it out, or when i engage front pto it quitens down, i know i will need to find a carb for it this one the second butterfly valve on top oc carb is wallowed aout and the shaft jumps around.

Eric: A search for throttle shaft repair might save you the cost of a carburetor.
biggrin.gif

After 4 days of soaking my exaust pipe in pb it
broke lose with a pipe wrench and a 4 foot cheater to day it is kind of bent out of
round and marked up frome the pipe wrench
so I thought I would just get a new one but
a new one is $66 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
what makes them so expensive and can I get
a cheaper one.

OK let me rephrase it sounds like a rattle, it clears up some with front pto engaged and also clears up some at higher rpm's but never totally goes away.

hey gang got a question, does anybody have a neat trick for getting the steering wheel off of a 1250?
i have a better one but man the old one is on there. just wanted to ask the pros, thanks

I am hoping that the rattling noice is nothing major, as i already had my new 6 month old mower to grenade and engine i don't need this to go down too. So I am asking questions just to see what I can check just make sure it isn't the motor itself, could the fuel being off ( carb out of whack) needing a rebuild cause this? Please guys any suggestions will help a lot I really need this one to stay running.

Randy
Look up at the top of this page, and go to Faq and then look at Faq #13.
It would take longer to type than send you there.
Lots of good info in the Faqs.
Hope this helps, worked for me!
Brad

Does anybody know the preliminary settings for a Walbro adjustable jet Carb for a K301?
Kohler manual just says "2 b dtrmnd"
Also, was wondering why the sparkplug hole is over the exhaust valve on the 12hp head in a 1200. And further back on the 12hp head on my 129?
Is one better than the other?
Thanks
Brad

Hey guys, I'm looking to purchase a brinly sleeve hitch adapter for my 100, when I purchase one, do I have to make sure it's for a narrow frame or will all the adapters fit narrow frames ?

Thanks, Dave

187041.jpg

Dave: Same, same. However, you should check out the kit CCSpecialties sells before you make your final bid.
draw.gif

Hey, P.S. You wouldn't happen to be going to the Colchester CT show May 1 & 2 ??
err.gif

Latest posts

Back