• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through March 18, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marlin, you think you got it bad. I own one cub and get the"do you really need that" from my pregnant wife Becka. Her responce in not to me getting another cub, but to buyin parts for the one I do have!
bash.gif
On second thought, you could really use some more cubs and cub stuff. Looks like you are in short supply.
lol.gif

Todd: There's a lot of "super significant others" (mine included) that could tell her just how lucky she is that you're just buying parts! Should we have them email her? Ummmmm, I sense the reason for another one (Cub) in the near future.
err.gif

Do any of you know what the gear ratio of the 147 differential is? Is it the same as the 123?

Frank C, that would be a dangerous thing, getting all them hens feathers ruffled at the same time.
bottom.gif
. I would like another cub someday, but I need to get the one I have now done so I can enjoy it

Dave B.
I would call Scott Madson, he'll probably have everything that's available for those pumps.

Brendan B.
I'd put it ahead of the pump.
Do you have a pic of the beast?

If your cylinders/rams are disconectable, I would put the filter between them and the tank.
So to chetch any dirt that might get into the lines when you reattach the cylinders/rams when reinstalling the loader.
Which is what I should have done with my FEL.
81280.jpg

81281.jpg

<font size="-2">In other words, do as I say, not as I do</font>

It's pouring out here so this is the best I can do, don't want to get my camera wet. This is how Bolens has it set up. I thought it should have been before the pump also but wasn't sure as I haven't messed with hydraulics much.
81284.jpg

Ive got a couple questions...as usal!!!How many links on the chain that lifts the 1a tiller,I have 1 link on each side still there,the rest were cut off.Im going to get the chains and remake an adjusting rod.in the manual it shows 6 links on ither side but i am wondering if thats what they have or its just a generic drawing showing how it all is put together.I guess thats 2 links huh (chain)
81288.jpg

81289.jpg

Also is there a specific lift pin for a tiller?
I hooked up the tiller today and tryed her out worked well even though the tines are worn to points!I also have a home made plow that hooks to the mule drive,PO must of made it.Im looking foreward to getting a real plow!Im impressed with this tractor it did really well!

Is their a way to know if hour meter has flipped my 1450 shows 420 hours,thanx

Brendan - I always put filters on the suction line. You don't want a filter on the high pressure side.

Here's why -
The pump has close tolerances so you don't want it to get grit in it.
Pumps are costly.
Pumps put out to much pressure for the filter to hold.

Cub fever is alive and well here in Oklahoma! Here are some shots of what I’ve found. First it was a Red 782.
81299.jpg

Then I came across a 1000(not running)
81300.jpg

And a 129 (not running)
81301.jpg

Scott - Go hit this ICON and edit your post. Hit the RETURN KEY after each pic or Digger is gonna fire up on you.
biggrin.gif

81304.gif

Morning; could someone tell me if there is supposed to be a fiber or wave washer behind the screw on the throttle lever? Mine will not stay at a set position.I have checked the parts manual and it only shows the assembly.
coffee.gif

Scott, I bet someone had a vertical exhaust on that at one time.

Jim, not sure if there is or not. I can check one of my Cubs tonight and see. Here's a photo of the throttle on my 149 parts Cub, looks like there might be a fiber washer on it.

81314.jpg

Thanks Kraig, that does look like it has a washer and mine for sure doesn't. I'll head to the local hardware store tonight and see if I can find one.

Latest posts

Back