• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 18, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave,

We have two 60 horse screw compressors at work. Man can thay make some air. No worries when we are sand blasting!!
proud.gif
We run a 30 horse one at our frontend building. It too maks a whole lot of air!!

With compressors, bigger is better. Oil bath is quiet, oiless is loud, unless it is a IR OL (Oil less) unit. Then they just cost you an arm and a leg and your first born.
wink.gif
We have a pair OL25's at the front end building also. They cost around 30K each and at 8 thousand hours we get to replace the compressor end of them. Cost $7500 each. But there is no oil or hydrocarbons in the air. Talk about Clean Dry Air!!!

Sorry for the compressor rant, but I wish I could just run a pipe to the house with all the air we make at work.....

Todd Markel
Did you try a resistive spark plug wire on the engine with the meter? I have one resistor spark plug wire that came on a new Kohler engine I bought and I put that on every cub that I want to tune up. Its the only way I can get my SunPro inductive engine analyzer to work correctly. Just a thought.

Wow! Lots of information about air compressors. Thanks for the emails too guys. General opinion was to buy the big 'un. As a matter of fact I don't think ANYBODY said they'd buy an airless again.

Travis-
I just walked in the house from outside. I'm not sure if it was your compressor I heard, or just Charlie whinning again, but holy crap was that loud!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Tedd-
I think you're on to something there with that piped-in air. Maybe you should build a special cub town (Mayberry) and pipe compressed air to everyhouse in the town! If they can do it underground with gas, they can do it with air! Let's see, what else would the town have? Free storage garages, mandatory multiple garage requirements, 220V wired at every outlet, parts delivery.

I think I need to go to bed! ;-)

Oh....Charlie said "screw"!
happy.gif

George:

I used it with a small sand blaster. Kept up with what I was doing. Have not used it on a larger tank type unit.

It is about the same noise as my old horizonal 20 gal Cam. Haus. that is 30 years old.

It does run faster and gets right up to the 135 rather quickly.

Wyatt:

Thanks for the torque value.

How come you got my order? Brown get mixed up?

Nice rod/piston comb. Now...add nitro and make it thump!

Cub Connection--- I just sent Kraig a set of manuals for that Danco RD-300 loader. If you could use some pictures I could get mine out. It is VERY rusty but in one piece. Trip bucket handle was not boy proof. Need to get it to someone better with aluminum welding than I am. Shame Ken Weaver is out of work.

Art -

Yep, you're absolutely right. When buying a compressor I know I cetrainly wouldn't buy an airless one
roflol.gif

George,
Is that one of the rare models with the four stomachs?
Any chance it came from a dairy farm?

I wonder if my neighbor will let me run a line from his 7hp IR compressor to my shed? :eek:)

Ryan,
I have that exact same compressor, you can keep the oiless ones! My neighbor would shoot me if I turned it on between 11pm and 7am. And it is in a concrete basement! One of my fittings had a slight leak, didn't know it till 3 am one morning when the low pressure switch kicked it on. I thought we were being attacked! My next one will be a 2 stage cast iron job. I'd rather spend a few bucks and have it quiet enough to be able to run at midnight if I feel the urge to do something. Kenny

Kraig, If I get one of those hitches I can put my 12" Brinly on my S10 and plow!!!! cjm

Kraig- Yeah, it is loud, but I have a separate room to keep it in...but if I had to do it over, I would spend a couple hundred more and get a bigger upright. Maybe in a few years.

Saw an article in Farm Show about a company by the name of Dunn-Right, Inc. that offers a kit to take a VW engine and make it into a compressor that produces 58cfm @ 150psi..be great for mobile sandblasting.

Did you check out the culitvator they have at ATV Junk? I like the looks of it with the danish/s-tines rather than c-tines.

Dave- Thanks for the update!

Latest posts

Back