Archive through March 15, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frank,
That decal must really be on there... The decals on my 149 floated to the top of the electrolysis tank...

On a different topic, there’s discussion on here from time to time about o-rings to fit the add on hydraulic pump. I found one from McMasterCarr that works well for me. It’s a thicker gasket then stock, but since stock is NLA, I’m using this as a replacement. It is

186830.jpg

The part number from McMaster is 4061T269. And, although it is thicker then stock

186831.jpg

it fits nicely in the groove.

186832.jpg

186833.jpg

From the side you can tell it’s a thicker gasket when it’s assembled.

186834.jpg

Just thought I’d pass along the information if anyone is interested in a replacement.

PAUL - With that top number on that spec sheet, DASH-247, and straight 70 durometer Buna-N material any place like Motion Industries, a hyd. supply house, etc should be able to supply that o-ring.

Good info to have!

Dennis F.
I sent a NOS gasket to Motion and they said no way unless I wanted to have them made with a minimum order of 2,000. LOL

CHARLIE - You need a different Purchasing person! AND a better supplier!
lol.gif

I used to do a LOT of business with the local MI outlet here in town. They were normally pretty good at finding stuff.

Charlie, Do it, If you get 2000 of them made they won't be so hard to find, heck the price would even go down. You'd have the admiration (and respect) of the entire narrow frame community. You can't put a price on that.
happy.gif

Not to worry.
I have 200 coming from a better supplier anyway.
And that's what I told Motion when I called them back!

Paul F.
Thicker is better anyway.
The last 3 I worked on, I had to put 2 OEM rings in just to make it feel like it fit right.

Charlie,
At work, we use these guys for all sorts of prototype gaskets and one-off... They cater to the little guy..

http://www.higbee-inc.com/

CHARLIE - I could see buying 100, even 200. But 2000 was just they're polite way of saying "Go AWAY". And as You see it worked very well!

Is heat the way to remove these decals as well? What other methods are used to remove decals from plastic? I would love to just replace the whole dash but.... They definitely had some good adhesives back in the day.

186846.jpg

I have even used a propane torch to remove them from metal but you have to be very careful and not forget that things are HOT!

Ya know, sometimes you just have to laugh when you buy stuff off greedbay from a forum member, and they send notes along with the parts!
186854.jpg

What is the correct orientation of the hood emblem on my model 100? Large diameter leading or trailing?

Brian, not sure what exactly you are asking. If you are referring to the hood ornament, it should point forward.

186856.jpg

... so it can hang a tree limb or rose bush and rip it off ...

Thank you for the picture and righted my wrong. I had it pointing the other way.

Brian, I've seen plenty of them on backwards over the years. Could be for just the reason that KENtucky mentioned, it can catch on low hanging branches, BTDT. Prune the shrubbery while you mow.
happy.gif
Could also be that people think it looks faster when on backwards...
bubbly.gif

Ahhh Something as tiny as a hood ornament isn't going to catch tree branches. Now rain caps on a 2-1/2" or larger exhaust pipe....THOSE catch tree branches!

Actually the biggest problem I have, with my old #72, is branches sticking themselves back into the left front corner of the engine and idling the engine way down. Wasn't a problem with the little pepper-pot muffler installed but with the straight pipe it's a problem. Might have to make up a little guard!

Latest posts

Back