• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 12, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wyatt-

I don't mow with gear drives
happy.gif
It'll plow, pull trailers/aerators, and MAYBE have a tiller put on it. I picked up a couple aluminum creepers, but I'm not sure if I want one of those on there with the extra thrust load that 800# spring puts on there. I don't think the creeper bearing will last very long. I wonder if they make spherical roller bearings in that size....hmmm....

Anyway, thanks for contributing your opinion, I think I'll try the spacer and see how it goes.

Thanks!
wave.gif

Anybody have a print for a aluminun clutch fiction disk ? I would like to make one .

Dennis- Don't waste your time on an aluminum clutch disc. Most people regret installing them. Just my opinion. www.midwestsupercub.net makes a nice stock replacement disc from a proprietary material. It has 6 pin holes for stock or aftermarket drivers. You can drop right in and use the 800# clutch spring. Works perfectly in stock class pulling so I am sure it will handle a plow. It is silky smooth.

Dennis,
I bought a clutch assy from Midwest about a year ago for my 102. I asked about the AL disc. Midwest stated it was strickly for pulling and basically has two modes. ON and OFF with little or no slippage possible.
I had them build a stock replacement for my 102.
Fibre disc and all. I needed plates, shaft, release bearing and a teaser spring, anyways. Afer 30+ years it was a very good investment. Makes operating it a dream.

Cheers
Dudley

Matt-
I might have found my stuff from '99. I'll have to get into work and see if SolidWorks will read the old ProE data (otherwise I've got a hack version of ProE I can install I think).

Here's the double clutch setup that we built for our pulling tractor. This is the same clutch I'm building for my 141.
82395.jpg

Wyatt-

Cool! I just might have to try that as well. Hopefully it won't slip with the 800# spring and I won't have to worry about it.

Thank You , I will steer away from the aluminum clutch and try the midwest clutch.
How do you compress that 800 spring without potential dental work?
What about special motor mounts ? Won't that heavy spring put that motor out the front.

Dennis T.-

Use a locking collar and this, and do it in the tractor:

82415.jpg

I have plans on my website for it.

Upcoming Stock Pulling Events in Central and Western Ohio ?
I like to compete against mostly stock tractors. I'm not aware of any pulling events in Central and Western Ohio. I pull transfer or derby does not matter. I have a stock 10 hp kolhler in my cub 1000. If you know of any coming up I would like to come to it if I can. Not afraid to get beat bad , only way to learn and I learn something everywhere I go.
Not appose to Indiana or Michigan if its on a weekend.

hello all
Dennis we have are first pull June 14 its kind of a small group only about 20 to 25 tractors but its a good time if you want to give dead weight a try we dont have a transefer sled if your interested let me know we always pull sunday morning

For the other side of the coin I like my Alum. clutch! I use it for running and dead weight pulls then when I am not doing that I use it for mowing.

The biggest bear was getting it adjusted right, but has served me well since then. When I build my (706 look alike) aka 1200 I want to try a Midwest's clutch. Always looking for something different to compare thats why we are in this sport and the fun time.
bubbly.gif

Pops

OK Darren , Dead weight is fine, Where abouts in Michigan are you ? Sounds like alot of fun to me .

Im in Scottville MI obut 15 miles straight E of Ludington the pulls are held in the back of the Scotville river park just to for warn you im not sure how other pulls are we dont pull for mony we pull for braging rights and a little pin the first pull of the year is (i think $30 and that lets you pull in 3 weight classes)

That's fine ,rather not pull for money, just want to pull at a different sites . Makes it fun to compete. I like the challenge of new tracks and I learn alot from and make new friends.

if youd like to come its june 14 10:00 am we pull pretty much stock tractors 26-10.5-12 tires and wheely bars pretty much all you need we start out at 550lb and go to 1150lb class and you can pull in three classes if your coming from ludington head straight E till you get to a little town called Scottville at the stoplight head S go till you cross the river about a qourter mile theres a campgroung on the left side pull in and go all the way to the back if you need anything els let me know every bodys welcome that would like to come play

Any body have a print of a heavy duty clutch lever hanger assembly they made for a 1975 cub cadet 1000 ? I have a stock one and it will not last long with a heavy duty clutch spring. In fact it was bent form a stock spring. thanks

here is my cub 102 pulling tractor it 16hp stock altered on alky
83276.jpg

and my cub 1250 12hp altered on alky
83277.jpg

Hi there, I just bought a 104 model. Does anyone make a exhaust stack, or do I have to fab my own? Also looking for raised white letter tires. Any help would be great. Thanks, Gordo

There's links about to MIDWEST SUPERCUB's site. They sell straightpipes. Far as white lettered tires....little white paint & an artist's brush is Your best bet. Nobody I know makes a Cub Cadet sized tire with white lettering.

Back