• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 12, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keith - I just got back with 2 gallons and a filter for $39+. Didn't look at the reciept to see the breakdown price.
Just missed a CAT 0 plow by a few days too
angry.gif

Anyone ever taken a newer choke cable with the black plastic sheathing and peeled it off to look like the old style with bare metal coil? I'm having trouble finding just a bare metal coiled choke cable for the 100. I found a universal throttle cable at Ace Hardware that I took apart and used the outside coil and inside wire and attached it to the original throttle control handle and it works great. Okay, with the exception the throttle starts backing down while it's running. I'll have to take a better look to see if I can tighten it up a little.

Art thanks a bunch for your reply, i no now that i`am on the right track in finding what i have to do to repair my problem with my O. thanks Again. Don T
coffee.gif

Question for the experts: I'm going to re-do the clutch on my 582 and install the red 800# spring. I also plan on adding a creeper at some point so I can put my 1A tiller on it. However, I'm worried about the thrust loads that spring is going to be putting on the inner race of that bearing. I think that I'm gonna go through bearings like crazy. I'm wondering if I should get a spherical roller bearing or something along those lines that is capable of handling thrust loads. Does anyone have any better ideas for removing some of that thrust load from the creeper input shaft bearing?

Keith the spread on the hood brace is 13 inches even. And the folded tabon each side is 3/4.

Don Art's post is great but I would like to add one to the list. If your drive belt has done much slipping over time it does damage to the pulley on the engine side. this pulley is soft and is damaged easily over time. Hard work and a loose belt is bad news for this pulley. Very few cubs really NEED the pulley groove and this is good news when you find a used one. The engine pulley is a bit different for a CCO but the others work just fine.

keith-
for your cable there is a nut on the side of the controller on the dash pedastal. it may have come loose. try to tighten it. mine did that after i replaced it.

Kentuck - it's got more than my name, it's got my money & it might only be several hours away, had to come abt. 1300Kms (800M). You have some pics on email,will post some here when I can make it 'legal' with the 102 in view.

speaking of my 100 i need to replace the choke cable again. last time i just needed a quick fix and got a cheap set with both choke and throttle off of ebay. the throtle was still perfect but the outside coil of the choke cable was cut.

Jerry, thanks for the measurement. Sorry I missed your call tonight. Hope all is well.

Michael, thanks for the suggestion. I'll check it out tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back