• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 11, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jack,
Just put in new bushings, at 50+ years why change now?
The -O- is more of an artifact than anything else, even though they can work like heck. I lean towards preserving them in their "Original" state.
Yeah....I know, I know, that's coming from a guy that made one a front wheel assist.....

Jack, I seem to recall that the Original has 1" axles and there is not a bearing available to fit the wheel. I recall looking into this when I refurbished my Original. If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me.

Rick, that's right 7/8"!
bash.gif
old.gif

John L - If the tube the bearing goes in runs all the way through the wheel, it would have been better to support it in the press with a large socket or pipe that just fits the OD of the tube, rather than making the entire wheel take the pressure, I've got a short piece of 3 inch pipe welded perpendicular to a piece of 6" C-channel with progressively smaller bushings screwed into it for just such a need... Sorry to here about the wheels, glad it's not visible (in 50 years or so, the current owner will be saying "WTF"....

Kraig - Couldn't find a non-standard bearing?? - Motion Industries.... LOL

Steve - most of the 70 year old 3/4" drive sockets I inherited from my dad are missing some chrome from driving seals and bearings...

I "hear" you about just looking "here"... (!@#$%^&* spell checker)...
bash.gif

Martin ,i will give it a try ,i have a 124 all the way apart ,and did hahave to weld up some cracks it the dash tower

Gerry Ide- That's what I was thinking. These wide rims will bend very easy. A two ton press will ruin a rim just as good as a 20 ton in my opinion, since the operator has control over how much force is used from the press.

Your idea sounds good and I will log it into my hat computer! However, banging with a hammer on my nice new bearing race just did not need to be an option. The bearings are press fit, and should be when one can do so!

Have a great day all!

All is good!

Latest posts

Back