• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 11, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After I left the junk sale my Brother and I visited one of our sponsers R.F. Houtz and Son. He was open even on Sunday.
16809.jpg

Dennis- Thanks for the report- you hit the nail on the head- now you know all my favorite stuff-findin' places! Milan Surplus still has loads of stuff in that iron-like red paint! :)

Dave Ross- Thanks! Keith and I were talking Friday about how we hoped that someone would be able to host an event this spring.

Any idea when you want us to "Drop Plow"?

Remember that Apr 24 is the JD PD, so that wouldn't be a good weekend.

Wyatt,

Because it plugged up with too much grass & dirt....1/2 of them are cut off to mimick the later style....

Dave R.

Sign me up!! When?? Not the last week in June Please!!!!

I need to stay away from Houtz. I'll go even further into debt.
sad.gif

DAVE - I get to Milan Surplus about once a year... Wife won't let Me take My truck however.... TOM H. - A 3010 Gas tractor.... Yep, Scrap man SHOULD have it....Let's see... Drive a 41-44 yr old 3010 or drive a 65 yr old FARMALL M.... I'd take the M. Yes, The Deere had power steering, good hydraulics and synchronizers for most of the shifts but they sure seemed like the most GUTLESS 50 HP tractors ever! People seem to like to spend the BIG BUCKS and fix them up however.
WYATT - I think You discovered the difference between the parts for the "Increased Cooling Package" Kohler offered on the later & larger engines. My 12 HP in the 129 has the short covers & the 10 HP has the long covers but actually runs hotter I think, because of the restriction to airflow the longer covers cause.

Thanks on the shrouding, I was thinking that the "full" covers might direct more cooling to the exhaust valve. My thinking might end up turning to a crankshaft-mounted fan to keep air moving out from the engine area to keep the engine cooler.

and on the 14hp pistons I wrote of earlier today, they're not available through Super Cub, they're available through Vogel but aren't in stock right now.

Wyatt , Steves right , they had a bad plugging problem. same with the head shield being shortend.

Dave Ross:
Sign me up for about 5 acres! :eek:)
Pining to plow, happy to travel!
As Ryan said, please avoid April 23rd & 24th.

Please keep us posted.
Keith

OT question - I know we've got some phone guys out there...

How tough is it to install an ADSL POTS splitter in one's home demarc box? Are the boxes standard? Looks like I can get a hold of a Corning splitter online...

Replies to e-mail so we don't clutter the forum up. Thanks!

On the engine tin, I guess the end question then would be if the older-style tin would be better if careful attention is applied to having clean flow?

WYATT - My guess would be NO, The newer tin would be better on all counts, cooler operation, less dirt & grass build-up. That said, I've never seen an engine move air like the Onan in My 982 does, except for a Duetz diesel. It'll blow leaves in trees around 10 feet ahead of the tractor when I'm mowing.

Wyatt:
Catching up with reading. Great idea using the Avery decal paper to keep the paint out of the engine. . .

Dave Ross- If the date is good for me, I'll be there, probably bring Nick, and act as a spectator. Just got a lift arm for my 109, need to get the lower-half of the hitch thing figured out.

Plowers- I know my turf-tires wouldn't do much... any reason why I couldn't run tire-chains? Putting AG tires on this one is out-of-my-budget, 'specially since I'd just be takin' 'em off again to do my yard-work here at the ranch...

Dave K. -

I did my first few Plow Days with 23x10.5 and 23x8.5 turfs with 4-link spaced chains. 75lbs of weight per wheel. Worked just fine.

I, like you, was always afraid of messing up the yard as I have a lot of low lying areas that get wet.

I now have 23x8.5 ags, with CaCl filled tubes on my 169, and I plow AND mow with said tractor. No problems at all unless you jump on the hydro in a wet spot.

Dave K
4-link chains from a thrift store and one set of wheel weights on turf tires made a lot of difference for me. With wet spots, roots, spots of clay, turf tires alone was too much work.
Most of the guys talk up 2-link chains.

Congrats to all the new DADS.

And why is it so slow on here that I post?

Dave Kamp: I think you would find, like the rest of us, that Ag's do less damage on the lawn than slipping turfs do. I'm running 110# of fluid and 75# weights all over the yard with the loader on and it doesn't tear it up. You can run turfs with chains and plow just fine. I'll plan on being there if there is plowing.

Latest posts

Back