• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 11, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lsimpson

displayname
Larry Simpson
lost the clutch tonight in my original , are the directions for narrow frame in FAQ correct for an Original? I assume I need to replace some kind of clutch disk . Both of my tractors are down now and I still need to move some dirt to level the yard . way to old for a shovel and the wife just looks at me funny when I tell her it your turn

Larry S. -

You only need to post your question once - it already shows up on the Archive through March 09, 2004 link above. Please check before you repost your question...
wink.gif

Short answer is no, it's not exactly the same.

Don't suppose we can talk you into getting a manual, huh? Prolly not - oh well, I'm sure someone here has the scans at hand...

I didn't see if anyone posted about Carlisle absorbing Titan and the "Tru-Power" name. Is this true? The tires look the same anyway.
Wyatt-Sheer genius,I love it. Talk about a simple way to do things!

Larry S.: One of those 2 clutch disks is NLA. I had talked to Scott Madson(sponser) and he did have some good used clutches.

Bryan
Sorry for posting 2 times , It must have been time to archive just as I posted . Yes I would like to get a Manual just don't know what I need
Not trying to make my Cubs show tractors like I see here , just do yard work .
Digger thanks for the picture but you are right hard to see . I guess this weekend just get her in the air and look see.

Charlie-
Gear shifter knob's square.

At first I was thinking that you can't have both a rear PTO and a 3-point, but I think that was just on an Original.

(Message edited by wcompton on March 11, 2004)

Wyatt,
Your just to good tonight!!!
BTW, that's from the rear PTO installation manual that Kraig will have real soon to scan.

Larry-
When you say you "lost the clutch", what do you mean? Describe exactly what is happening... I wouldn't be surprised if the spirol pin that holds the large spring up against the clutch disk is broken.

My clutch problem started when I was moving some dirt with a front mounted blade . At first it was slipping a little , clutch out tires not turning . then it started making a clanking sound / let it cool down , it worked 1 maybe 2 times then stoped again . I started it in gear and put it away for the night .Thanks Digger for the E mail, I will look it over .

Quick Question (s): Can I replace the Governor in a K301 with out taking the shaft out? I need to replace it, but would prefer not to tear it all down, at least tear it all down yet.

Second: I also have a QA-42 snow thrower that I wold like to do some prevent work on. Is there anything in the gear box that I should look for?

Thanks

On my original I get a clanking sound from the lower pulley that has the clutch fibre. My driveshaft is badly worn and chews up the bushing inside the pulley. This does make for a poor fit on all the clutch parts. Clutch ajustment is only so-so. If you break the teaser spring things get real strange!
Loose belt is really hard on the engine pulley! Belt cuts into the aluminum pulley pretty fast.
149 to the rescue!!!
Yes, I do overwork an original. After all Don V. says belts are for your pants!!!

Welcome Back. I tried this a coyuple of minutes ago and the preview didn't load. It worked this time as you can tell.

phwew!!

thought we had another Great big Crash!!!

Back