• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 10, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kendell - I was going out for breakfast this morning but my dang Silverado wouldn't start. I got mad and went back to bed. About an hour later I hear an engine running and I got up to see who's here ... it was the Silverado running ... I forgot to run the computer in it up an hour before I went to bed, so it's running an hour late today.

My cell was sitting idle and on the charger and had the old time on it. I needed to prod it by turning it off and then on again. I guess if I had a call in or out it would have updated OK. They get the time from the tower but if there was no activity it was still coasting on yesterday's time.

James, unless its mint probably not worth the trip. I'm in the West End

James: A 109/149 are the same size, but the 149s are heavier because of the hydraulic system, and the biger engine. IF I had the oppertunity, ROAD TRIP, and I would have both tractors, 109 for mowing, and the 149 for the heavier stuff.

Time changes, who needs em... that's why my cub has headlights...

Okay I have a question, Got a line on a 1250 with hydro lift,trans and a remote port up front(rare?)Can I move the port to the back and run a tiller or is that belt driven and the hydro just moves it up and down? Sorry stupid question
Thanks Joe

Joe....you are right. The hydro is for lift. Does your tractor have 3pt. hitch on the back?..the tiller will run off of a belt...
beerchug.gif

..the front ports could be used for a angle cylinder
for a snow plow.

Joe W.-

The tiller is belt-driven from the front PTO of the tractor. The front outlet is supplied with fluid by the charge pump, which cannot operate a tiller. It is designed to operate power-angle blades and things like that. And yes, it is somewhat rare.

The tractor didn't have a hitch on the back but was in pretty good condition (surface rust but no holes) Won't start but has good compression(no spark)Guy wants 250.00 I'm second in line. I thought the front port was kinda odd

Thanks Joe

I have a question. The drive belt on my 1200 and QA-42A is a 55053C1 and works fine. My neighbor has a 149 with a QA36. Can someone please tell me if the same belt is applicable or does it require a different one. The problem is we are running out of screw on the belt tensioner. ??

Thomas B:
From http://cubfaq.com/belts3.html (which I got to from going to the FAQ link at the top of this page, reading all of the FAQs and then when I didn't find it there, I clicked the link at the top of that page titled "Question not answered here? Check out Charlie's FAQ at cubfaq.com" ), I see that the belts should be the same for a QA36A/149 and a QA42A/1200 combo. As was outlined for someone the other day, who was having the belt flip off, you might want to check the frame mount quick-attach sub-assembly that the gearbox bolts to, to make sure something is worn/bent or otherwise out of line. This is all based on the assumption that the correct driven pulley is on the gearbox..
thumbsup.gif

In relation to the previous post about the drive belt for a QA36....I have also tried a 487043-R1. This belt is too short. The 55-053-C1 belt is too long. How can that be? I'm beginning to think it had something to do with the time change.

Thomas B:

I have searched and studied the Manuals on this one.

The issue is, that the diameter of the Mechanical PTO Pulley from the 149 is a different diameter than the pulley on the Electric PTO for a Q/L. I would suggest by compromising between the two IH belts and get yourself a "power belt" with a size of 1/2" x 29". The IH manuals kinda leave the 1x8/9 series in question on this issue.

Thanks for your common sense approach Kendall. I missed that part. I will look to see if there is a belt sized for a 149 and a QA36.

Thanks for your advice Roland. All is not lost yet. Found a Frankenstein Bolt that fell off my 1200 and was launched by the QA42A into my front yard into a pile of snow awhile back. Life is good!

The 55053-C1 is a 15/32 X 30
The 487043-R1 is a 3/8 X 28 (and was intended for use, I believe, on the Narrow Frame/thrower combos). Try Google-ing the part numbers......
I had to take a trip across the street to look that up... Roland is correct that a 29" belt would be closer - make sure you get a belt made for the application - fractional HP belts may look the same, but won't cut it. I'd still look for the root cause of the problem..

My .02 for James R.
Go to the haulers section, the top link is for helping people get there cc hauled somewhere. There are shows and such that people go to and may be able to bring your cub with. Post your question there and see who bites. I believe that they are worth it, especially if your friend can wait awhile.

Sweeper question:

I am looking at a sweeper (front mounted power brush) for my wide framed 782. Some time ago a posting was made in the for sale section of one, but didn't fit the time and pocket book criteria to call for it. Were the units that are out there made by Cub or were they add on's from another company?

My question is: Is there a new-manufacture sweeper unit that will mount on the 782 that is made by some other company? I've tried googling for sweeper and brush and 782 and cub and such and so far have turned up empty handed.

Does anyone know for sure there is such a unit available, and I can go looking, or the converse, that there are NO new made rigs and I'd better keep my eyes open in the For Sale section if I want one for the summer?

Thanks for any help. Dale

Is it just me or is the For Sale section closed to new ads? My name appears as the last poster, but no ad, since the 9th.

Where can one get mower parts my 44A Rotary mower needs a new idler pulley assembly.

Latest posts

Back