• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 09, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jason,

I prefer the hitch height adjustment (Picture One) by quite a bit. Like Charlie says, once you get it right, you won't have to change it.

To get a starting point, block up your left tractor wheels by the furrow depth. Set your plow level. It will tell you the right hitch point.

Lee

Hey Charlie !

53011.jpg

53012.gif
beerchug.gif

Well the engine Cermax goes in the ol lady's Rodeo so I'll NEVER know the results (she wont let me drive it!) and the gear lotion goes in the Toyota rear end that I'm putting a locker in. PLUS the bearings in the carrier is SHOT so they get replaced too. That I WILL get to blaze new trails with and it'll get a workout ! I'll have to make another order for my Silverado since I'm letting her have the engine formula that originally was mine.

Kraig, I have two accounts, but I prefer this one, [email protected] gohead and send em to me, they will take forever to download because I have dial up, but I'm all eyes, got the clearance too.

Charlie, Lee

That is really the best idea yet. I just got my extended hitch and lift rod for the tiller mount done. So now I can put it up on blocks and finally see how everything is going to work.

I plan on testing in the garden before plow day as soon as conditions permit. I can't wait for all of the frost to be gone and the ground dried out a little.

Thanks to all very much for helping me.
beerchug.gif

Lee - Your bottom pic wont work.
I gave Jason every chance to ask ME how I'd do it but he never asked.

Kraig,going to take the 100 out for a spin this weekend,44 tomorrow 48 on sunday and i have mondays off so a cool 50 degrees..looking like sunday for sure,see how that narrow front performs..talk to ya,Vern

Ken,

I'm sorry I overlooked your hint. That makes everything perfectly clear. That looks very doable.

I am now indebted to everyone whom has taken time to write and create drawings. I am learning but am still mechanically challenged at times, hence the dense questions.
rolleyes.gif

I just went back and caught up again and tried to get everyones responses. Sometimes you can miss some info with all of the different pages and if you are trying to read too fast.

Anyway you guys are great and thank you for helping to educate me. I'll post some more pics soon

Ray Leo - Lookin' good so far. Maybe you'll have it put together by spring. Better hurry.

Ok guys a bit confused here which isn't hard for me to be! Putting the 1000 back together (yellow parts LOL) and ran into a little problem.

Yes I usually take picture but I didn't on the clutch hook up! The clutch rod that goes from the clutch pivot point to the throw out bearing is bothering me. It just doesn't look right sort of running at an angle! My main book shows it hooking on the clutch pedal side. But my 1000 break down parts list and pictures shows it hooking in from the lift handle side!

The reson I am doubting myself is because I left the cotter pin in the hole next to the 90 degree bend. But to hook it up on the lift handle side the cotter pin has to go in the outside hole and the return spring then hooks into the hole at the bend.

Help!!!!!!!!
bash.gif

Pops

OOOPSSS... Kraig, here goes... 9000 Tonyas Terrace, Owings MD 20736 (<zip)

Thanks Digger! That's it and it is showing the rod being installed on the lift handle side!

Did learn this morning how to rebuild the lift handle that was kinda interesting in itself. Changing the steel tube it was pretty ugly. Anybody needs a how-to; be more than glad to help!

Thank you.

Pops

Boy I hate to do it! My 100 project, I know it is correct to paint everything on the engine but I just can't bear the thought of painting the ignition and carb. I still remember when these things were brand new and it didn't take long for the carb to turn an ugly dirty brown from fuel contamination. I keep thinking this is going to be a shower instead of a mower, I know better. I ain't painting it, maybe next time!
53031.jpg

Here is a pic of a Cushman engine that was freshly rebuilt I had right at 1200.00 smacks in it and only 200 miles on it! It was on my 1958 Cushman Eagle, I was riding it one day and I noticed some smoke puffing out of the side. Looked closley and I almost got sick..She was cracked. If you have ever checked out on of these motors and how they were made they were the truly the king of the Flat Heads. Sorry a little off topic but interesting.
53032.jpg

Back