• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 09, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rwilke

displayname
Ryan D Wilke
Matt D.,

Yep, that IS a good price.

Now if you were doing a rebuild slated for Heavy-Duty running for 5yrs, probably 1800 - 2000 hours (yet still using a governor, meaning a 3600-rpm limit), would you think you'd be happy with that rod, piston and other parts in that package there?

In other words, do you think those parts would have the adequate quality, longevity & endurance to satisfy such a rebuild?
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Earl, my guess is that's a 1250. I know Charlie has a certain disdain for those. I can't see him leaving any other model out in the weather.
roflol.gif

Earl,
Kraig is right. That's a 1250. LOL
Believe it or not, there's a KwikWay loader, Tires, wheels, Brinly Cat 0 areator, 2 plows, 2 blades, and goodness knows what ele under that snow pile!
biggrin.gif

Charlie, I KNEW it!
happy.gif
I need to make another visit to your place and haul away some of those 1250's......

Kraig,
LOL, I've 3 inside down at the farm and 1 inside here in town, that's for the loader.
biggrin.gif

Believe it or not, that one outside in the snow bank runs!
1250's are still crap, except for them being HYDROS!

You'll notice we have another sponsor button above, THANKS Bryan!

Some may call CERMA snake oil, but it works.
I've been using it for 2 years now.

AND if you don't agree.
There's a 100% money back offer that goes with it.
<font color="ff0000">NO QUESTIONS ASKED!</font>

Charlie, what's the status of the one you had in the small garage that was in a state of disassembly?
happy.gif

Ryan, I IMHO have not had any problems yet. I do not pull or run past 3600 rpm. I have cleaned a lot of broken rods out of pans where the rod bearing failed due to lubrication issues. I have only seen one instance where the rod broke it snapped right in the middle and it was an OEM rod.

I'm not boasting or tring to say these parts are the way to go Ryan! I started using them about six years ago and they have done the job so far.

Matt D.,

Cool. That's what I was hoping/looking for from you, Matt. Not a promise or a guarantee of some sort. I respect your opinion and level of knowledge on the normal rebuilding of these babies and now I've got your opinion on those kits.

Thanks!
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Jason,

A couple of thoughts on plow pitch:

1) You can affect this with hitch height:

53001.jpg

2) Or you can move the hinge point to the back and add a turnbuckle:

53002.jpg

Remember tho, I'm an overall concept guy and "details" aren't my problem.

#8^)

Lee

Well, finally getting around to putting the tiller together. . .
53004.jpg

Could it be??

The piston travel of a K301 is 6.5"/revolution.

Sooo @ an average of 2000rpm for 2000hrs. that piston has traveled 24,600 miles.

Orrr in 1 hour @ 2000rpm it traveled 12.3 miles.
coffee.gif

Charlie:

If you please, can you tell me briefly what is involved in starting to use Cerma Lube in my CCO's?

Thanks,

mark

Mark S.
It's really simple.
Warm the engine up and pour 1/2 to a full bottle in.
I did the same with the hydro on all my Cubs.

A good example is my main workhorse 1450 would not start below 30 degrees, much less move since the reverse valve was weak.
After putting Cerma in, It starts at 11 below and the reverse has improved by about 75%.
And that's all I've done to it in the last 5 years other than a new head gasket. LOL

The same on my Tahoe, the tranny was starting to surge under a load. I added the stuff and I can't tell that the tranny ever had a problem and the poor ole beast has 216,000 miles on it.
The wife keeps nagging me to get a new one, but with the way it runs and shifts now. I'm thinkin I might get rid of it at around 400,000.
biggrin.gif

MATT - You have WAY too much time on Your hands. You find out SCARY stuff like that. One morning I figured up those same numbers for My olf F-150 pickup. It didn't have an overdrive transmission so it ran about 2600 rpm on the old 300-6 @ 65 mpg. Turned out the pistons & rings had covered more miles in the cylinders than the truck did!

Lee,

Thanks for some new ideas. I think I am going to try it out in the ground soon the way it is and see what happens. Worst case if I cannot get it to work right I will hinge it like you showed.

Jason H.
Unless your going to be using the plow on multiple tractors, why not just set that sucker for that tractor and forget all that adjustment mess.
I've had the same plow for 5 years and have never readjusted it once I set it the first time.
Course I might have to this spring since I put the 26x12x12's on it.
JMHO
deadat30.gif

Latest posts

Back