• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 06, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kentuck - A few weeks ago when it was (-24)here in St Paul MN, I saw that done on the local tv, and it looked like steam to me too, so I had to try it. I thru a mug of boiling water into the air and no liquid hit the sidewalk. Just to keep it on topic, the 122 started right up that day, but kinda stiff on the shifter and steering.

52902.gif

Well the 3 times that it was -25 here I wasn't about to go out with a handful of boiling water ...

KENtucky, up here we use a pot, mug, coffee cup, or some other container. I don't think I'd use my hands either......
angel.gif

52904.jpg

I was thinking the same thing on the way home today. 65 degrees outside and it'd be a good day to mow the yard. Guess I'll have to wait for the grass to grow though
sad.gif

Back on Jan. 22 I asked a question about why a 100 would not stay in 1st or reverse, thinking it might be a bent or worn shift fork.

Well I took the tranny out of the 100 today to see what the problem was.
All I found wrong was the bolt holding the shift fork in place was loose, I turned it 3 turns with my fingers befor needing to put a wrench on it.
Once I got the rearend back in the frame and got every thing hooked back up I gave it a test run. Now it stays in gear.
I have heard that the short tunnels narrow frame tractors are a pain to work on.
Don't know why, I had no trouble getting the drive shaft coupler pin out, or removeing the break linkage. Yes a wide frame with a removable cover is easyer to work on, but I don't have any problems working on the narrow frames, probly cause I have torn apart and put back together my old 102 so many times I know all the tricks.

ICY snow here tonight, what a @#$%^& mess!!! lost traction once because I was goin in the grass to clean my sidewalk, colder than a witches thorax here... oh well.

Here in Arizona we have a different sport. In the summer when it's 130 degrees we throw ice up in the air and it evaporates before it hits the ground.
err.gif

Kentuck,
You don't need to wait for the grass to grow to mow. On Sunday, my neighbor mowed her yard. It was cloudy and making snow flakes, pretty dang cold. There she was, wearing her winter parka and sunglasses, just mowing her yard. Not a green blade of grass in site here in cnetral KY.

Glen C. Talked to Brad D. The square amber lights were purchased at Wal-Mart or Fram&Fleet. He doubled the lenses, and only the back ones work. 23/4 by 2" was the size. The front was added for looks.
Headlamps in the fender were purchased from Napa, Grommets were in stock, he had to special order the lights with clear lenses. it a common size, but he used the small ones for looks. Hope this helps Chris E.

Latest posts

Back