• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 06, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Making dies for radius corner is not that hard. We used to make them all the time where I worked. We just used round bar stock and some black pipe cut in half. We had to weld a lot of gussets to support the pipe so it would not spread. We mainly bent 14 and 16 gauge but did do some 11 gauge. I made a few covers that cover the shift lever hole on fenders for hydros using this process.

Kentuck - thanks for the info on the Aussie Locker. I don't get quite that heavy. My Ford is All-Wheel drive, which is probably a bit pussy but it tows our Van great, best I have had.
You guys really do get some heavy weather, we see a bit on TV.
My Cub 102 had lost the mower deck before I came upon it. I have had a bit of a search to find another one in Oz but no success yet, I need to try harder. I hope to get some info soon on Cubs in New Zealand.
I suppose I could post a pic on my profile, just I haven't anywhere near progressed much with making it look respectable. Attached is a Pic of our youngest here at Christmas with his 3 having fun & another of our G'sons looking on. Hope the Honda 11HP does not offend Digger too much.
52879.jpg

Gentlemen - could someone direct me to a place where belt sizes are found? I need to know belt sizes for a WF tiller(long and short belt)

KEN - Place We made the automobile shreader assemblys at We used 321 Brinnell T-1 plate for guillotine scrap metal cutting shear blade shims. It's right at the edge of being "Unmachinable". We normally ground it to size & shape....but with good carbide tools We'd bore large holes, etc. into it. We'd start with 1/2" to make 3/8" shims, etc. so We didn't go thru the harder surface hardness. NOT easy stuff to work with but Your right....it'd make one HECK of a scraper bar. A little hardfacing welding rod in the right places would work too.... but it would be more brittle unless You used the right rod. HR flat is cheap....best to just let them wear and replace occasionally.
Funny thing about the wear bar on my big blade for the loader on the Super H the blade and loader for that matter was bought as scrap by My Dad and modified to fit the FARMALL, Loader was for a smaller 600-series FORD tractor from the late '70's. Similar in design to IH's 2000 or 2001 model but heavier. The blade was bent or bowed and when I welded the wear bar with the AC buzz-box welder w/7018 rod it bowed the wear bar just right to fit the bow in the blade. I still have about 3/8" of bar left from the 1/2" I welded on...Blade should need a new edge in about another 20-25 yrs! SOMEBODY ELSE can do the next one! I still had some of that old 7018 rod...must be close to 20 yrs old now....When We got the TIG welder last winter Son grabbed a stick to try the welder on DC arc welding and new little blue box laid the nicest bead with that old rod! The RIGHT TOOLS sure make a difference!

Matt D.,

Your engine looks GREAT! VERY NICE!

Beside the 010 overbore, what else did you do or have done to it?
Did you also give it a valve job?
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Graeme T.,

It may not be OEM, but I think you did a GREAT job of fitting that 11HP Honda into your Cub and breathing life back into that sharp little tractor... and the tractor has obviously fit right into being a part of your family too!
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

KRAIG - How much did it cost You to get that NICE picture blowing snow in RPM? Does HANK take VISA? or just Pay-Pal. It was in COLOR even! My picture at PD#2 was bigger but only B&W.

Denny,
dunno.gif
I have not seen it. A while back he did ask if I could send him some photos that he could use, I said "Certainly!". Hmmm, now I may have to subscribe......

He had a real nice article about a family just down the road from the people who hosted the WI. Chapter #4 PD that Wyatt & Ken & I plowed at 4-5 yrs ago....so He was IN Oconomowoc and DIDN'T stop to visit. Hank's one of those people that they're easier to find if You just stand still! He'll drive by in that Cummins diesel p/u.

Ryan, yes! I had the valves faced off and seats ground. I lapped the valves when I got it home. The guides were in spec. so nothing had to be done there. I used a Stens master engine kit for the rebuild. Machine work and parts totaled around 190.00 also had the head "bead blasted" makes for a nice finish.
This one makes about the 30th K-series engine I have rebuilt over the years, haven't had a failure yet! Knock On WOOD....

What size battery do I need for my 782? It has the KT17 series 2 engine. Was not sure what the minimum cold cranking amps will be needed. There is a 165 cca for $18.99 at my local farm supply store. Thanks in advance--Terry

Terry, I would buy the highest CCA battery that will fit in the battery box. I believe you should be able to find a 325CCA battery that will fit.

TERRY - Kraig's right....I "Adjusted" the hood cross brace on My 72 so I could fit a 545 CCA car battery into it. Unfortunately on the red tractors with the battery under the seat Your severly limited in size....I think 300 CCA is the tops for a L&G battery. It's a few bucks more but will last longer than 6 months!

Just seen on the news (FOX) that a guy up on Mt. Washington threw a boiling pot of water into the air and it turned instantly into snow. So they said, looked kinda like steam to me but their video res wasn't great.

KENtucky, everytime it gets in the teens below zero or colder up here we all run outside with boiling water and throw it in the air. Makes for an interesting show, then for comparison we throw "room temperature" water in the air and it just comes back down and freezes on the ground. Well, maybe it's just me that does this.......
clown.gif

Hmmm, I just reread your post, I've never thrown the pot into the air just the water from the pot.......that's quite the trick getting that pot to turn to snow......
whistling.gif

Latest posts

Back