• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 05, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Steve,

255010.jpg

Its part #23. It looks like it mounts behind the cotter pin on the pivot shaft. I guess it twists out of the way in order to tighten the adjuster. And then twist back into position to block the adjuster from turning. I am guessing the adjuster was supposed to be backed off until it jammed against the clip and they held each other in position.

With my latest haul of 4 cubs I got another snow blower.I had one here that someone robbed (cut) some of the attachment bracket off.I see part number 2 has about 4" cut off along with the cross brace and I see now I need the pin 3 in that drawing. I will not take parts off the complete unit so I can repair the other.

On the locking collar for the PTO. I must be slow because I relay don`t understand how that is going to work. Do I slide on the locking collar with the bearing in place and then rotate the collar to lock them fast ?
1a_scratchhead.gif

The locking collar by it self will spin on the crank and never go tight.I must be missing something simple I hope.

Don- yes, the bearing and lock collar have to go on at the same time. If you look at the bearing there is a groove that is "angled", letting the lock collar grasp hold of the back of the bearing lip and tighten it. Put the lock collar on the crank first, the flat side of the collar goes towards the pulley. Place bearing on with the grooved side towards the collar. Rotate collar opposite direction of engine rotation (i believe), and tighten the set screw on the collar.

To add, you dont need to put both all on at once, just put the collar on as described below, and place bearing on next. Just make sure when you go to "lock it" tha the bearing is fully pushed into the collar.

DON - I hope the heck you got the eccentric collar figured out by NOW! But yes, the eccentric locking collar will spin on the shaft, AND the bearing will spin on the shaft. Put the locking collar on, and install the bearing so it's perfectly flush with the end of the crankshaft. Then turn the eccentric collar while pushing it against the back side of the pilot bearing and you'll know when the two eccentric's line up, the collar will slide another 1/8th inch closer to the bearing. Tap the collar around a little more with a small hammer & punch. I forget which way to turn it, one service manual said to turn the collar the same way as engine rotation, another manual said to turn it opposite of engine rotation, Whichever way you turn it, if it's tight it won't come loose, then tighten the set screw.

It's the eccentric flange on the inner race of the bearing, and the matching eccentric inside the collar that when turned makes the collar bore "Off-Set" from the bearing ID and locks the two parts to the crankshaft.

Ryan , Denny

Thanks guys , I`am clear now on how these go together.I can move on now. Thanks to Harry I have to Paint the pto before I install it. I hope the snow soon leaves so I can get the sub frame out of my storage shed.I also need to get the adjustable PTO rod found in all my parts somewhere lol.
thumbsup_old.gif

Don T - I'll bet that PTO clutch is a 100 pointer when you're done.

Don T., Over here in Mass we're getting some more snow / rain / slush mix along with a Nor'easter storm.. I know that after a storm is done with us it usually moves on to see you, and we're supposed to get a lot of flooding, I hope your snow is gone before this gets to you! Get your snow blade mounted just in case.

Mike Frade

We still have a foot or more of the white stuff on the ground here. We have white stuff here all winter this year. I have been watching all your weather reports and see the big mess you all will get. the weather guessers here think it will go off the coast and not do much for us. I`am starting another cub cadet in the am and have to make a path to my storage shed to get the frame so I can start stripping the paint. I would like to get all three cubs painted this spring. My 61 Original has most parts ready for paint for awhile now . I want to spray all three tractors at once. The 61 O and the 125 parts and the 122 I think that is what it was. It will be powered with a 10 hp and creeper when finished.It has been striped down and ready for sanding and paint already. I`am having a blast lol.

The belt tension on my QA42 is mounted underneath (the manual mentions that some were like this). It also mentions a "lock" position, but I can't get mine to lock no matter what I try.
board-post.pl

Latest posts

Back