• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 05, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie, I just tuned in. Looks good, except the color of the decal is more of a 127 (or a 147). Still looks good.
thumbsup.gif

222126.jpg

222127.jpg

Paul, Francis, I agree with Scott and Lucas. I read that S/N as 34941...

Don, why would I be
censored.gif
with you?
1a_scratchhead.gif
Especially after you offered to send me that lift rod some time back.
bouncy.gif

Just in case anyone is wondering.
We had a catastrophic server failure and things should be back up and stable by the morning, I HOPE!

Kraig,
It started yesterday about 4:30 P.M..
We went totally down on and off, then today it decided it was tired 3 or 4 times and finally just quit all together, LOL
It's not been a fun day.
bash.gif

I started fixing a k301 for this 149

222137.jpg

I put theses in it

222138.jpg

222139.jpg

cleaned it up to this

222140.jpg

222141.jpg

I now have the head finger tight and most tin on.
I hope to have it ready to test tuesday, but not in the 149.
Its not ready so into the working 129 for now...

Kraig and others,
That could be a 1 at the end of the S/N on Francis "O" . The "1" that IH used didn't have a foot or base on it, so it could be. Need to clean some more paint off to be sure. I honestly didn't look at it that close, I just answered his question as to whether it was 494 or 3494. I guess I could blame it on my bi-focals, but when your eyes get as old as mine they probably won't see too good either
lol.gif

did some more cleaning, and yes, the eagle eye guys win, there is a 1 at the end, darn, rats,but it still has the funky oil pan , so I'm still different than the rest

I've been thinking about getting an attachment to keep the back yard graded. Just had to jump on this blade from Xtreme when I saw it!

222148.jpg

Supporting the sponsors!

222149.jpg

I finally found and ordered a 3-point hitch too, just waiting for it to come in.

The FAT lady has sung and I had to dance with her as well! Thank you guys for letting me in on putting the blade of my plow back on the frame. If you had not told me to tip it back first to put the springs on I am not sure I would have ever figured it out. Even then it truly was like dancing with a fat lady, on ice! I ended up using the old standby, a four foot piece of a two by four between the blade back and the support frame. Man what a job! Thanks again and I won't be taking it apart for a long while!

Does anybody have a "trick" for removing the brake-puck from a HYDRO transmission case?

222159.jpg

It's relatively easy with a gear-drive, but according to the manual, with a HYDRO trans you have to take out the pinion shaft and I'd rather not do that.

1a_scratchhead.gif

Art-

I've used a needle-nose vice-grip in the past if the puck isn't stuck. For stuck ones, I've partially threaded the hole in the puck after removing the ball and then pulled it out with a slide hammer. If it's too stuck for the vice-grip and not stuck enough to hold it so it can be tapped, then I don't know.

Home of the Plow Special

I had that same problem with my 125. I want to take the top plate off soon and see if I can see where the puck goes against the router.I have not found a way to get mine out yet. good luck!

( I have have hopes my puck is good lol)
1a_scratchhead.gif

Matt-
Doh! I never thought to just grab onto it with a pair of needle-nose pliers. I must have stared at that thing for 15 minutes this afternoon wondering how the HECK I was going to get it out of there. After reading your post I went out to the garage, grabbed onto it with a needle-nose and pulled it right out, then stood there looking at it thinking, "Now why was THAT so hard?!?!?!"

I guess I couldn't see the forest because all of the trees were in the way. LOL!
clappy.gif
Thanks for your help..

Melody-
You're right, a hydro doesn't usually need brakes, but if the "puck" leaks, ya gotta fix it..

Art A

You know your getting old when a simple thing makes you
1a_scratchhead.gif

Now when your "puck" leaks, ya gotta fix it..
lol.gif

Latest posts

Back