• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Quitline tip

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PACub100

IHCC Supporter
Maybe I'm late to the game but, I found out today (out of necessity) that you can use a 5/8" deck pulley from the newer model 38, 44 and 50C decks, with a 1/2 x 78" belt on the Quietlines that use 3/8" belts and it works fantastic.

I'd planned on using my 1872 to mow but just found out the PTO switch is bad. My 44C deck for the 1450 is at my parent's house since fall so, since I needed to mow today I put the 50" deck from the 1872 under the 1450. I've been running 1/2" belts and had a 1/2" x 79" belt hanging in the garage. It worked but I had it tightened all the way with just enough clearance for the mule drive pulley to clear. The belt wasn't as snug as I'd like it but it worked for today (and I had some pretty thick patches).

I'll tell you, it mowed really well... I mean, REALLY well. It threw just as good,if not better than the 44C with a speed up pulley. Stock blades too (that definitely could use sharpened but I was pressed for time).

I'd be curious to know what the blade tip speed is if any of you can figure it out...

(stock PTO pulley for 3/8" v-belt, 1/2" v-belt used, 5/8" v-belt mower deck pulley)

Latest posts

Back