• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 05, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfrisk

displayname
Dennis Frisk
DONALD - I'm not surprised theres no baffles around the blades. I think they're really important for keeping the cut clippings moving away from the blades and not bending the uncut grass over as it's cut to keep the mower cutting nice. Should be an easy addition and I agree, the deck looks really heavy. The PO or whoever made the deck did a really nice job getting the runnnes & gauge wheels mounted.

I'd add baffles and make it my #1 mower deck. It gives me ideas about making a 44" deck for my #72. Use some of the ideas I used when I modified my 38" deck and use some of the improvements IH used on the 44 & 50 in. decks.

Francis,
The S/N reads 3494. They were hand stamped until later in the 70/100 run, so the numbers are sometime lightly stamped, not always evenly spaced, and not always in a straight line.

coffee.gif

Francis, Paul,
It almost looks like there is a number 1 after the 4 in that s/n...
dunno.gif

Dennis Frisk

I think I will have baffles installed and see if it will cut grass . I can tell you it is a heavy deck .I will need a grass cutter soon.Is there a problem with this site today ? I`am haveing a hard time logging in . Later Don T
old.gif

Went to haul the dump and come up with this from a guys yard. This guys has a QA42 in better condition than this plow for sale. I would like it but have no funds nor do I need it. He has no idea about what to ask for it and asked me. So if you are in the area of MD and want one I can try to work it out for you. The snowthrower has everything to hook it up.
222115.jpg

222116.jpg

Don, not sure about logging in today...I'm working OK. But I did notice that Tim P. post is timed at 2:31pm and its only 2:42 here(EDT). Usually there is an hour difference between the Forum and eastern time which should have made Tims post 1:31pm server time. ? ?
1a_scratchhead.gif

EDIT: I see my post time is 2:51...actual time here is 2:46 !

There was a little hitch in the get-a-long with the forum server today, but it's gettin closer to back to normal.
Or as normal as we can be!
clappy.gif

Charlie- Daylight Saving Time doesn't start until next weekend
lol.gif

When rebuilding a PTO should you scuff up the pressure plate/clutch surfaces a little? Put on rebuilt PTO and it slips the same as before. The surfaces are glass smooth now.

Allen Schumacher
I`am out in the shop and I have this computer that this site is my home page. It time out for 10 minutes and in the house as well.
1a_scratchhead.gif
This confuser is giving me some grief , I wnat to find some info on the Kohler 301 gen set 5 KW . I would like to have it running if I could.I hope the snow will soon be gone so I can send Kraig a lift rod for his O. I think he is
censored.gif
With me! I think I can find parts to get this 123 running and a worker , But I can`t build another shed 12' x 16' this year,The wife would have a "FIT" lol.

Don T. I did a little searching for your generator and came up empty. You have a little more info? Was it IH made? There another name on it..? I note Charlie didn't say anything so I guess he is not familiar with it, but didn't he recently get a gen that fits the front of a Cub?? Are they similar Generator assy's?? You have to find a wire diagram for it since it looks like there is some sort of a regulator built on the top of it.

Dang I thought I saw TEST there for a minute lol.

Timothy M. Pennell
I hope you post your question in the correct area as per the rules .To get an answer . This form is big and covers to wide an area to give a price to where you live.
old.gif

Jim C.
If they have hard spots, I true them up on the lathe, then scuff them up on the belt sander to get a pretty good cross hatch on them.
But a piece of 220 sander paper flat on the work bench will do the same thing.
I just did 12 today.
222121.jpg

222122.jpg

Allen S.
I didn't say anything about it, cause it's off topic ya know.
biggrin.gif

Who knows what it is if Little Donnie Tanner drug it home!
clappy.gif

Don T. After reading my post I can see where it is misleading. I bought the plow today for 100 bucks. The gentleman has a QA42 in awesome shape that I do not need. If anyone is interested in one please contact me and I will give you his info. I will refrain from anything on this section about selling anything, that was not my intent. Tim

what is the scoop on the 1450, ran across one today and hoping to snag it. seems like it has hydro deck lift. I havent had time to run the serial #s. Granpa was not home and was told will not sell anything according to grandkids.

Tim P The 1450 is the 149s younger brother. It is the quite line version which main differences is the engine/charging/mounting system and the electric pto then all the shrouding parts for noise, Hence the name quite line. they are still 14 horse hydrostatic with hydro lift.

I have heard front hydraulics where an option but don't qoute me on that.

Back