Archive through March 01, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I chased a lawn tractor quarter of a mile once doing that. Marty is absolutely correct on it only happening once!!
The cast iron grill housing is very robust on the 125's. My old truck has 4 dents in the doors and cab from my buddy's 125 he had, one may be from his 73....
"Your not going to hit my truck are you?"
"No."
BAM!
It had hydro creep
err.gif

Attachments

• err.gif
    err.gif
    251 bytes · Views: 127
Oh agony. Only the 782D, Fancy's 1650, Keepsake 1650, and Little Pete 1415 have the safety switch. Earl's right about a 125 with Hydro creep. But one never pull starts those and for some reason very seldom do I try and start the 125 without always pushing in the brake peddle.
313179.gif

Attachments

• 313179.gif
    313179.gif
    3 KB · Views: 122
I've been driving Cub Cadet model 125s since the late 1960's when my parents bought one new. First thing that happens when I get on a Cub Cadet is my left foot presses the brake pedal down. My 125s have functional brake safety interlock switches but the Original never had one. With my Original I always leave it with the brake pedal in the locked down position.
smile.gif

Attachments

• smile.gif
    smile.gif
    215 bytes · Views: 120
But Kraig and Marlin, when you were teenagers didn't you know everything and
"Safety switches! We don't need no stinking safety switches!"
clappy.gif

My 1200, dad's 1450, my 1450, 782 has a functional switch, not sure on the 100, but I have learned to put that pedal down when starting!

Attachments

• clappy.gif
    clappy.gif
    1.2 KB · Views: 125
I also remember having a "small" fire in a Murray in a friend's garage... I highly recommend having a fire extinguisher at the ready when working on anything involving;
Gas
Welding
Electrical
Thinking
Looking
Contemplating
Or holding a screwdriver

with my 125 before I dismount I'll idle down and set the brake,at least if the brake doesn't hold or whatever it can't get away from me that quickly.my knees won't hold up to chasing tractors for half miles at a time LOL.Earl-man the fire extinguisher takes all the fun a mystery out of any repair

Didn't have one then, soda pop was involved...
I have one at the ready in my garage for working on the Cubs and such. I do hold a screwdriver a lot
cubwinker.gif

Attachments

• cubwinker.gif
    cubwinker.gif
    445 bytes · Views: 112
The only "safety switch" I can think of that would prevent something like this:

313186.jpg

is birth control,,,
err.gif

Attachments

• 313186.jpg
    313186.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 155
  • err.gif
    err.gif
    251 bytes · Views: 117
  • 313186.jpg
    313186.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 124
Kraig Oh Great One Keeper of the Photos (and INSTIGATOR)- I wonder what happened with Nick J and his supposed shaky 682, that I thought could really be a 582 or 582 Special that someone changed the decals or side panels to make it look like a 682. Guess the easiest way to know is if he said it had a clutch or not.

Jason - that photo almost makes me ill AGAIN.

i have a 149 with a missing grease fitting on the axle spindle. it looks like it was broken off. is this a press in fitting? if it is can i just push it in deeper and replace it and what size is it

Latest posts

Back