• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 01, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well 2 years ago it had a RF FEL on it too!
I was thinking it was junk is it worth keeping????
Rick

115450.gif

Rick,
If you were closer I would possibly trade you a '68 JD 110 for that Cub-Deere 123.
lol.gif
Provided, of course, if that 123 runs.

So your telling me a running deere is worth more then a non running CUB?????
Rick

Rick,
We might want to keep that one under wraps here.
shhh.gif

Do any of you use front weights when using your rototiller? I have a 129 with a #1 tiller.

Chad

Finally Got some snow in NC! Now if i only had a snowblower or a blade for my cubs.
115460.jpg
115461.jpg

Cory, dont feel too bad, was supposed to get 12-14 inches in Central Jersey. Had the walk behind ready to go. Got 4" in back yard and 2" in the driveway...so I used a broom. Go figure...
thumbdown.gif

RICK - What I think Terry means is any model CC no matter if it's running or not, or painted some outlandish color is worth more than a running jd.
lol.gif

The neat thing You'll find about CC's is that most parts & implements interchange among different models. There were improvements & upgrades during the years, like the Quick-attach system on the 72/104/105/124/125's, and then the wide frames starting with the 86/108/109/128/129 and 149/169. But with only a couple exceptions implements from newer tractors will fit on older tractors with minimal changes. Until You get up into the later red tractors all CC's had the dependable K-series Kohler engines, Sundstrand Hydro's, and a drivetrain that was designed for a tractor 3-4 times the size of a CC.
I've probably got enough service & tune-up parts out in the shop right now to get that tractor running and ready for the next ten to fifteen years. And that's without borrowing anything from the "123 Parts Tractor" setting behind the shop. A hydro filter & 2 gal. of Hy-Tran is all the transmission will probably need, plug, points & condensor, and an air filter & cover plus a quart and a half of oil for the engine and it should run. Rest of the work would be adjustments & lubrication since it looks like it say outside for a couple years.
I'd keep the 123, get it running, fix up what needs fixing, get the proper yellow/white paint on it. ANY 12 hp CC Hydro is a great garden tractor.

CHAD S. - I've run a 129 with a tiller a bit. No frt weights required unless Your running someplace really bizarre.

Just a quick question. I am going to try and fab up a cat0 3 point for my 122, and would like to know what the weight limit is on the stock IH top lift bar. I am going to try and attach a top link to it to lift a 3pt tiller that I had given to me.
I'll post some pics when I get a working camera again.

Denny, ummm, where are the detail photos of your rear hitch?
dunno.gif
I only posted my photos of your hitch to hold Marlin over a few days. Details we need details!

worthless.gif

You're correct there Corey!! We got 5 inches last night. You could have drive down and borrowed one of my blades!! Snow came on its own, can leave the same way. Glad all these guys have so much fun in the snow.
coffee.gif

Is there a way to reverse the direction on a starter/generator? I have one that turns counterclock way.
Thanks in advance, Jesse Eilbes

I know everyone is still talking snow removal, but I have a grass clipping removal question...

Has anyone put together a vacuum system for their Cub to bag unwanted grass and/or leaf clippings?? If so, please post some pictures with a brief description of what went itno building it.

Thanks!!

RICK- lol! now thats everything a j.d should be! looks like the cc i have in my yard...a 102 maybe?

Jesse E.,
Does this help:

http://www.simpletractors.com/service/electrics/starter-generator.htm

See this passage:

"The other option is the direction of rotation. Cub Cadets and some other applications put the drive pulley on the PTO end of the engine instead of the flywheel end. These units rotate in the opposite direction. These can be reversed by installing new field coils in the unit.

Latest posts

Back