• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 29, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bnolte

displayname
Bruce Nolte
Lewis,
Recoil starters off of another Cub might be hard to come by, but Kohler built a lot of engines in the 7-8 horsepower range that were used on water pumps, portable generators, etc, that probably would work on your Cub engine.

Donald Tanner; I ordered all I needed (bearing and seal and O ring) from CC Specialties. Don't know what parts he has that isn't listed on his website. Didn't have the O ring listed, so if he don't have it i will get it elsewhere.
Luther

Donald; I hated to drill a hole in the 124 but i moved my fill to here plug to the outside of the frame while i was at it. The fill to here plug is a PITA to get to. All you need is a 1/8x3" pipe nipple and cap. You can see the hole for it here.
153842.jpg

Lewis Palma

There's a place called Ray's Mower Shop in Boyertown, PA that has NOS recoil starters, but he doesn't have any 3-legged mounting flanges. The flanges are the hard thing to find. Some guys have had luck fabbing them. I see you still have the "coffin" plate on the front which is good.

Did they just jump the starter to a battery every time? Or was there a battery in the pedestal? Looks like the magneto itself is still good.

Here's what you are looking for. The flange shows on the left...

153845.jpg

Sean C., nice job on the 72!
greenthumb.gif

Terry R., wow, I sure hope that guy heals up alright. It's impressive how well that old Cub held up to getting hit by a Honda minivan! Stupid news referred to the Cub Cadet as a "lawn" tractor/ "yard" tractor.
bash.gif

hi all i need a little guidence on my 1450 ive finnaly got aroud to trying to put the mower deck on it but im not sure i have all the right peices does any one have any pictures of the corect set up for a 1450 or i can snap some pictures of it tonight if that would help thanks in advance for the help

Darren, what size mower deck do you have? Photos will help us ID what you have. Once we know what mower deck you have we can post helpful info.

its a 44 deck and ill take some picks tonight then to help indentify it

I have a model 100 single stage snow blower and need to know if it will fit a model 1420 with a vertical shaft? Is there a data base available to look this stuff up?

Darren, OK, if it's the 44" deck that's enough info to go on. Here's the photos.

153848.jpg

153849.jpg

153850.jpg

153851.jpg

153852.jpg

153853.jpg

thank you Kraig thats what i was looking for ill take some pictures tonight to verrafie im thinking i have a difernt sub frame thanks again

James, the 1420 is an MTD built lawn tractor. I posted the info for you HERE

Darren, if you look at the second photo down that I posted, the mower deck pictured on the Cub is a 38" deck and it has the "straight" subframe instead of the "humped back" subframe which is what you'll need for the 44" deck.

PAUL B. - I can't remember for sure where I read it, might be my old Kohler manual, maybe My old CC service manual, but K161's used BOTH 2-7/8" & 2-15/16" bore in CC's. The K181 only used the 2-15/16". I suspect when Kohler started building K181's they stopped using the 2-7/8" piston & rings.
That extra 1/4" of stroke in the K181 really helps performance too.

BRUCE N. - Problem with recoil starters on CC's is they have to mount on the "crankshaft drive end" not on the flywheel end as most recoil starters do.

ok that is the problem then i have the straight sub frame can you extend the back part of the subframe to drop it down ore no
153860.jpg

Darren, I suppose anythings possible... Might be best off finding a proper style mower deck subframe.

Dennis,
Ah ha! My bad, I had a couple of old Kohler generators that had recoil starters, and figured they might work.

Any one here use a gang reel mower to chase their IHCC? I have been looking for a 3 or 5 gang mower but they seem to be a lot of $$$. Before I buy one I just wanted to know if they are nice to use on a flat open lawn. Thanks

Kraig,
What I was amazed at was how well that Honda held up after the collision......
clappy.gif

Lawn tractor/yard tractor, etc....I get so tired of people asking me about my farm tractor when I tell them I have a "garden tractor". I hate to admit it, but I just appeased them by saying "mower".
blush.gif

Latest posts

Back