• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 27, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marlin,
Isn't a double bagger a bar fly that you take home after last call that requires you to put a bag on your head in case the one on hers falls off?
clappy.gif

Marlin,
I doubt anyone has but I did put a Crapsman bagger on my 100 that works pretty well.
36233.jpg

36234.jpg

36235.jpg

(Message edited by Cproctor on June 28, 2006)

Charlie,

I meant to mention the other day.. might you consider adding the bearing-puller photos and description to the FAQ in regard to front PTO removal? I know it would have been very helpful to me.

I ordered the crank seal and plan to pick it up today or tomorrow. One question regarding the seal... does it just "float" in the bore? Is it a "press" type fit? I do not see any flange or any kind of mechanism designed to prevent it from working its way out like the one that failed did.

Any input would be appreciated before I button this thing up. Thanks!

-- Ken

I was digging around looking for some wheels for the loader project. I think these split rim magnesium aircraft wheel will work just fine on the front.
36240.jpg

Charlie, how many Cubs are still in the trailer in that photo?

Nick H,

Without seeing a picture of the broken wire, I don't know how best to advise you. Is the broken wire on the armature or the round outer steel shell with the field coils? If its either of these then I would recommend taking it to a local garage with a mechanic who can look at it and see it's repairable. Each brush has a woven copper wire attached to it, if its one of them that has the broken wire, then get a new set of brushes and put it back together, stick it back your cubbie and repolorize it and you should be good to go. If replacement of the S/G turns out to be the appropriate course of action, you might check out ebay as you can get a good used one there for around $30-40 or send me an email and we will see if we can help you out.

Karig,
All 8, I gotta take some down to the farm and do some shufflin. I want to get down to only 6 Cubs here at the house.
biggrin.gif

KENNETH F. - The new seal should be a tight fit into a machined bore on the outside of the crankcase. The flat & smooth side of the seal should face away from the engine block.
I always wipe a VERY thin film of My favorite Gasket-in-a-tube RTV on the outside of the new seal but that's not necessary....The new seals I've installed already had a sealant.... but DO WIPE a light coating of grease on the rubber sealing lip on the ID of the new seal.... and a thin film on the crankshaft would be a good idea.

Thanks Dennis. That sounds fine to me. Appreciate it. The old seal must have started moving somehow - which caused it to work its way loose.

Anthony In answer to your question, yes it has a 345 ci. My wifes dad bout it new in 1970. It also is 4X4. Doesn't very good mileage (8-9). My wife got all the seat time on the cub last weekend. Don't like her mowin cause it gives her time to come with all these things for me to do.

Terry B. As my oldest granddaughter would say..., "Oh, mannnn...." ( I must admit that is a good one though.)

Charlie. The picture he has shows the tube running right alongside the top of the fender or right next to your right arm. It lists for $299.95. Have to ask what happened to the rest of the tractor?

Charlie,
What is the ID of those bearings? What are you going to use for your spindles?

Gary D. S- the one i drove was just a 2 wheeler but it was nice to drive. i was only 14 at the time, and thought i was in heaven to be able to drive that truck. dont know how it is were you live but in Indiana(unless they changed it) if it was for farm use you didnt need a drivers license.
the one i drove was a manual shift, is that one?
has far as your wife, im not married(or a girlee friend) im married to the business... dont know if thats good or bad. but i'd try to give her a "honey do list" so you could mow next time!LOL
if it backfires on you dont blame me i have no experience on marriages!LOL T (im not Docter Phil!)

(Message edited by aowsley on June 29, 2006)

Ken F- theres usaully two things that make a seal come out, if the old one is real hard, thats just from age and heat(the seal shrinkes), the other thing is pressure(crankcase), if the breather reed valve is bad it will do the same thing. But if the breather is bad it usaully burns a lot of oil. i think yours is probably the first thing. ive seen alot of KT and Magnum twins blow the PTO seal on the second thing, before they changed to the reed type breather valve. T

Charlie- did you get those Kohler tech info manuals? i waas just wonderin'. those bearings are massive i.d., what the heck is a stearman tail wheel. enquireing minds want to know. T

Anthony. I'm on my third marriage. Don't know if that makes me an expert [or makes me stupid]. No this time I really found a good lady. Where else could a guy find a woman who enjoys ridin a cub for three hours?

Latest posts

Back