• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 27, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
But I do have another bucket to use, just in case.
36203.jpg

Man Charlie...I was feeling pretty good about my new find..But you always find the REALLY COOL stuff...{Except for those Zig-Zag things}
joker.gif
My new addition is a #2 cart that is in really nice shape with the remnants of an E-Z VAC still attached...Was hoping the P.O. had the missing pieces but no luck..
36205.jpg

36206.jpg

36207.jpg

Not sure if I'm gonna hunt down the missing pieces or just refurb the cart..I need to find a pic of a complete E-Z Vac to see exactly whats missing...

I've got a bucket and a hoe. Not yellow but the one in front is. Also have a pretty good hauler.

So here's a general Cub question. Has anyone noticed the market for CC goodies is waning? I've got some stuff that I would like to get out of the garage but at the current prices it hardly seems worth it, not to mention that the scrap man can probably rival or even do better then the usual outlets (not that that's what I would do).

Kinda sad, but then again if I was buying I'd be pretty happy. :p

Heres the hauler.It's a 70 International 3/4 ton.
\image[hauler}

36215.jpg
36216.jpg

(Message edited by gjsmith on June 27, 2006)

Matt K,

I know just what you are talking about.
And to think the price of scrap steel is at a fair price right now.

Can anyone identify this deck? I picked it up with a couple Cub Cadets. I think it's CC, but I've never seen one exactly like it. It's 42" cut, similar blade layout to the common narrow frame decks, but the closed end, discharge, wheel mounts, and skids are all cast iron parts. What is it? Is it desirable? Is it worth anything? I'll probably put it up for sale, but I need to identify it first. Thanks, Jerry
36221.jpg

Jerry M.

That is a 42" CI ended deck that would have come standard on a 100, 102-122-123 tractor from the mid 60's. Not a "jewel", but they mow great when all tuned up.

Charlie,

Funny, My loader came with a manure bucket too.....

36223.jpg

Steve,
I told the wife when i bought that for 17 bucks at an auction that it was a silage bucket. At least that way I could throw it in the Tahoe without her thinkin it stunk on the way home!
biggrin.gif

Charlie- I know of one Craftsman in your hood and it will be hard to get that geezer to change from it and the sad part is I may have to haul a cub over and mow his yard a time or two once he gets a new knee later this week. Funny how that fat arse of a neighbor could even get on a cub if it is who I am thinking of maybe she should have a cub push mower instead of a garden tractor.

MATT K. - Dad had his Auction last Sunday. He had a fairly rough looking 154 LoBoy w/60" deck that ran O-K and He'd spent $400 on the PTO clutch last spring and He was disappointed it only brought $1300+ but I thought that was about what it was worth....actually I guessed it wouldn't bring $1000. He had a 104 that was camouflaged in Safety Orange paint w/38" deck that brought $275; And a nice original condition 129 w/ 2 yr old rebuild K301 & 40" tiller sold for $500, It was a prime candidate for a restoration....a complete unmolested tractor; and a 1000 with a good sounding K241 & 38" deck but missing side panels brought $475.... and My 129 w/44" deck and decent paint brought $640 which I was happy with.
Dad & I had calls from as far away as Peoria (100 miles away) about the Cubbies so I think interest is still there....it's just that the frenzy to have every attachment ever made for them has waned a bit. People were asking Me which was the best "Mow Tractor" all the time. My 129 was since Dad's 129 somehow came up missing it's 42" deck so just sold with the tiller. But I loaded Dad's 129 for the new owner and He got a real good deal for His intended use....The tiller will stay attached and get used just like Dad used it....to till & cultivate a large garden all summer.
If Dad's old 70 He bought new in '65 would have been on the sale I bet it would have brought between $125 and $150. The K-181 is tired and smokes and it needs a LOT of work. Son's already worked for over an hour welding and grinding holes drilled into the hood...it needs a grill casting unless I convert it into a 102 since I have a good grill casting from a 123 and I plan to drop My rebuilt 10 HP from My 72 into it. Plus We still have about five more hours of welding up more holes in the steering pedistal & frame to go. It for darn sure would be a better parts tractor than a restoration candidate but it WILL be like new again...someday far off into the future.....

Dennis:

I was talking more about parts an pieces more then complete tractors. All and all I think things have been over priced for a while now, it's just the adjustment seemed very dramatic.

It's interesting to see your prices though. I really get a kick on how prices vary through out the country, like here in Maine I'm willing to bet your 129 would have fetched a price much closer to a thousand dollars. It seems to apply to everything used though, not just tractors.

I guess I was just a little sad to see that a lot of stuff is going for about the same prices as scrap these days.

Matt K,
The REALITY IS!
That east coasters think their average stuff is worth more than anyone elses and the midwest guys are living in the real world knowing that there is a resonable limit to what the average something will bring.

OR!!!!
maybe it's cause there's more people out east to play with!
biggrin.gif

MATT - As Charlie & I both know..... These little tractors are worth more as PARTS than as running tractors. Plus We're both closer to the source. Dad did have a decent '61 to '63 belt-drive Cub Cadet that the new Owner from Ohio picked up two weeks ago that He got $500 for. The front end of the hood was slightly crunched which destroyed the hood ornament but the rest of the sheetmetal and mower deck were O-K, just rusty and it looked like yellow implement enamel paint was brushed on about 30 years ago....The K-161 was tired & smoked but ran well otherwise. And His 1100 went to Oklahoma a month ago for $350 I think....
I can remember what new parts cost for these things 20 yrs ago and I seriously believe that new CC parts cost the same NOW as then but they;re much easier to afford now. Plus I think the quality is better. I haven't replaced a belt on ANY of My Cubbies in five years I bet.... well... Maybe one S/G belt but the mule drive belts on all My tractors are at least 5-6 yrs old and they all look fine. Even when I was only mowing a tiny 75 ft X 175 ft lot they would only last 2-3 years.... Now I mow 2+ acres

Charlie:

Hah, well you have a point there. I have a feeling it has more to do with saturation when it comes to Ag stuff, the more there is the less the demand will be for the used stuff. The mid-west just has more farm then the east does now. Other factors are the hard winters we have up here, the salt just eats the old stuff up so you pay more for the stuff that survived (that's applies more to cars & trucks but it effects everything after a while).

Dennis:

I know there's more money in the parts then there is in the complete tractor, but it seems (to me) that the used parts just are not fetching the (some time outrageous) prices they did a year or two ago. I have a grill housing (I'm not going to mention the model so I don't cross into "poof" territory) that just a year I know would have probably fetched double what it would today, then again that's using eBay has a barometer which I usually swear off doing.

Question for all. I have a chance to get a double bagger grass/leaf attachment for a newer Dynamark lawn tractor for $75. Anyone out there ever mount one of those from a Dynamark to a Cub Cadet? If so,how hard would it be? TIA. I would be mounting it on the 127.

Gary D. Smith- does that '70 IH hauler have a 345 engine in it? i drove one like that when i worked for a farmer delivering bailed hay. T

Latest posts

Back