• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 24, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are the dimensions (holes drilled, etc.) listed in the installing instructions for the 102 to 125 the same for the 70/100?

In other words, can I go by this manual to put the hydraulic lift on my 100?

Also, is the clutch guard cut completely off a little over half way?

I think I have a 100 and a 102 in the back shed with a lift on it, I'll go check tomorrow.
I know there's a 125 with a lift, I might be able to compare them if no one else chimes in before then.

Marty-
Yes, and yes. I've installed many of these. Instructions for the hole drilling is the same regardless of model, the only caveat is the small flywheel and narrow frame (this is where it *is* possible on a 147, but a real bugger). Clutch cover cut is halfway; you can go tighter and just enough for the belt. I recommend the latter, but it makes it a real pain to snake the belt in there should you have to pull the engine out (but looks like a much cleaner install).

Rick B. Fantastic find!!!! And if that narrow frame is in your way then I can pick it up and hold it for Marty G.
happy.gif

Kraig M. It's nice to see that Charlie is still holding the 125 with hydraulic lift for you.
biggrin.gif

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 103
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 106
Rick B., very nice find!

Marlin,
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 108
Marty, I have a bare 125 frame here.
I can make a template of the holes and other details of the frame and ail it to you if that would be any help.

The problem I had w/mounting one on my 126 last year was the thickness of the spacers for the mounting bracket to get the correct distance from the frame outward, as mine were missing.

There is very little space to allow the belt to clear the frame when installed. Plus you may have to cut the corner off the cylinder mount to clear the pulley if yours has not already been trimmed.

Good luck!!

Replacing my 169 Ausco brakes with a good set of used H-H brakes. I put them together as tight as the caliper spacer will let me, but the whole assembly is loose, almost like I need shims between brackets (see spaces in photos). Should the assembly sit tight or does brake rod make up the tension? And what am I doing wrong that I need an inch of washers by the brake arm; the cam lever is parallel with the axle. "Stuff" comes off a lot easier than it goes back on (if you want it done right).

315777.jpg

315778.jpg

315779.jpg

Attachments

• 315778.jpg
    315778.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 109
  • 315779.jpg
    315779.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 108
  • 315777.jpg
    315777.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 109
  • 315779.jpg
    315779.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 100
  • 315778.jpg
    315778.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 103
  • 315777.jpg
    315777.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 109
From here, it looks as if you need to finish tightening the bolts down.

You could build up the ends of the actuating arms with a dab of weld to gain a little more stroke.

I added shims to my plates to accomplished the same thing.

Back