• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 24, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nbodin

displayname
Nate Bodin
Tom F
Take the clutch to mower deck belt off and see if your tractor starts as was mentioned.

question about those illustrious front grills on the 82 series and up tractors. Anybody got a picture of how they go in correctly? One end of the spring is coiled in a circle, the other end has a U shaped hook on it. Whatever is the right thing to do with the coiled up circle end?

The u shaped hook goes through the screen and the circle part bottoms out on the Cast Iron grill frame
I think you have the 82 series mixed up with the IH NF and WF cubs w/the CI grill frames.
IIRC the 82 series uses a longer spring that pulls the top of the grill in tight to the frame after you insert the bottom tabs on the grill into the slots of the frame.

FRONT MECHANICAL CLUTCH ON 129.
Last winter when blowing snow I was having some slippage which I think was the clutch. I have rebuilt the clutch but have never dressed the pressure plate. A comment was made then that the plate needs work. Do you have the pressure plate machined periodically, or what do you do?
Any comments apprecaited
Earl L

Earl L.
If you resurface both clutch faces and it's done right and the PTO is adjusted correctly, you should not have to do anything to the PTO for many years.

David Schwandt,
Thanks for the reply, but I'm definitely talking 82 series (582/682/782) and the spring that holds the grill in place is part number 732-3001 which replaces 732-3001 which replaces....IH-223549-C1

It appears the full looped end goes thru the grill somehow, just wondering how that somehow happens...............a picture would be worth a thousand words!

Rob-
Up in each corner there is small holes the spring goes through.

Nate B, I first put jumper cables directly from the battery to the starter... still slow, then I took the deck belt off and that helped a little bit. I then I loosened up starter belt and that helped even more. It still doesn't spin it over like my Dixon, am I asking too much? Is this slow turning over a trait of a Starter/generator?

Tom F.
Time for some S/G work or replacement.
If memory serves me right a S/G should spin/start at around 1200 to 1500 RPM's.

Look what followed me home.
2nd owner 127 with manuals and even signed warranty card. Has been in the same 2 mile area since new. Has rear lift with spring assist and a huge yellow bracket thingy hanging on the front, LOL.
Came with 42" & 36" thrower and deck...spare belts and NOS blades.
Bought it for what he had in it 10 years age! He figured that was good enough because he got his use out of it!

315759.jpg

Attachments

• 315759.jpg
    315759.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 145
  • 315759.jpg
    315759.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 144
I'm not a narrow frame guy........so I hesitated before pulling the trigger on it (duh).
As hard as it is to fing straight tractors, let alone loaders....I did good.
Interestingly, the loader was originally on an older MTD and has the controls on the same side as the hydro handle; I may have to get a cadaver arm grafted on to run it!

Rick,

Since you are not a narrow frame guy, just leave it where it is and I will be by to pick it up!
lol.gif

Nice score!
greenthumb.gif

Anybody know an easy way to get the pulley off of a hydraulic unit? (narrow frame accessory)

Attachments

• lol.gif
    lol.gif
    158 bytes · Views: 120
  • greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 128
  • greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 137
Question for the group,what is the preferred mowing deck for my 1450 I wasn't planning on having a deck for Iron Patriot but I'd like to have a back up mower set up in case god forbid something happens to make my 125 go down

Ethan K.
In my case the perfect deck for my 1450 is the 44A.
NOW, if I didn't have valleys to mow in the road ditch, I'd much rather put the 50A on it.
I just don't like going up and down vertically to get an even cut. I'd rather fender ride and mow horizontal with the ditch, LOL
It's hard to beat a 50" deck with Gator blades on nice flat ground.

Marty G.
The best I've found it I cut 2 pieces of 3/8" flat stock into 2 wedges about 12" long.

1/8" at the bottom with a really slight angle up to around 1" up the piece, and then a gradual increase up to around 2" and then on up to 1"wide at the top.
You can slide them down between the pump and the pulley and tap them down at the same time and it slides those flimsy pulleys right off.

Digger-ok roger my moto is go big or go home....I cut grass for a little side money and all of my clients have flat as a pan cake yards so sounds like the 50 is the way to go seeing as how a have the 48 on the 125.my people also think it's a trip to see 47 year old tractor cutting there grass LOL.ok so now the only trick is to actually get my 1450 running find a good quality 50 at a good price and put it to work....easy peazy

Charlie,

Are you talking about something like this?
lol.gif

315770.jpg

Forgot I had that. Thanks for reminding me! (it worked)
thumbsup.gif

Attachments

• lol.gif
    lol.gif
    158 bytes · Views: 126
  • 315770.jpg
    315770.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 118
  • thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 122
  • 315770.jpg