• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 24, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matt, I tore that down to and cleaned it, I thauoght I had the jets set right but I have another go at it.

Todd-
The funny part is that we are each now resto'ing tractors of the <font color="ff6000">oppo</font><font color="119911">site</font> color!
happy.gif

Well after I had so many request, I decided it was time to have a batch of these made up, slightly thicker too.
88188.jpg

88189.jpg

Well some steering gear parts arrived today, thanks Charlie.now i have to find the cork gasket to put it all back together. I`am hoping to get that local at the hardware store. Later Don T
coffee.gif

Yep, there's at least one other similar to that one:

88195.jpg

88196.jpg

I believe this one below is the same one that you posted, this one belonged to Steve Urschel:

88197.jpg

Keith LeJeune,

That armature looks like it has been dragging on the field poles and the iron core segments are probably shorted together. This will contribute to poor performance and overheating because of increased eddy current and hysteresis loss in the armature core. I recommend you find a replacement because this one will be toast in the near future. Sometimes a gentle lathe cut can strip away the part that shorts the segments but that leads to a wider gap to the field poles and reduces performance. That still leaves you with damaged armature wiring and that should be wrapped with fiberglass tape and epoxied down.

This sort of damage is usually caused by a worn bushing on the commutator/brush end along with running the belt too tight. If you look for a replacement find one that has a ball bearing on the brush end. The ball bearing type have a larger section in the middle of the end casting on the brush end. Then you can run the belt as tight as you want without fear of damage.

JimE

Hi everybody,great site!I just picked up a SUPER clean,one owner 129.It came with a 44in. deck,original manuals and a new battery.I gave $700-for it.It's NEVER been left outside,and never will!I was wondering if any NF atatchments will fit???

Hey Jim E,
I wish I knew the history of the S/G, but it came on a 100 I got several months ago and I'm just now getting around to checking it out. This one has bearings on both ends of the case. The bearing on the end plate was good, but the bearing on the pulley end is shot. I showed it to a guy at work that used to work at a motor shop several years ago. He said if one came in like mine they would have just chucked it in the trash.

He also mentioned that as the brushes wear down as much as mine, they'll tend to bounce off of the armature and not work as intended.

Jerry, I'll hit you up for parts as soon as I can get out that way. Maybe this weekend we'll head up to see her mom and I can come over for a while.

Latest posts

Back