• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 22, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
George, yes, ~50lb JD weights.

Charlie, I know. I'm thinking I might have to adapt this deck to fit my #2 125 just so I can try the rollers out. The two outer blades look nearly new, the center blade umm, not so much. I'm thinking the PO couldn't get the center blade off when the outer blades were replaced.
dunno.gif

315670.jpg

315671.jpg

I like how when they did the primer touch up on the QA42A they left the decals visible.

315672.jpg

Attachments

• dunno.gif
    dunno.gif
    3.5 KB · Views: 149
  • 315670.jpg
    315670.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 143
  • 315671.jpg
    315671.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 138
  • 315672.jpg
    315672.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 145
  • 315670.jpg
    315670.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 147
  • 315671.jpg
    315671.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 142
  • 315672.jpg
    315672.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 183
Marty, nice 128! I like how the tires don't extend too far out and I think the 10.5's may be too much, dunno. Is this style of rear cover/fender the same size for all up through the 169?

George, yes the fender pan is the same for the 86 through the 169. It's also the same fender pan used for the Quiet Line series.

George,

Check your local tire dealer!!!
I bought two Carlisle 23 x 10.50-12's for $215.00 out the door, and picked them up the next day!
The 8.50's should be even less.

Order you some V61's from Miller.

Kraig,

Nice score!
I hope that nasty green stuff in the background is your brothers.
err.gif

What is that big arctic cat box in the background?

Austin,

Were you referring to the lift on my 128?
It was a lift that came off of a Bolens.
It had a steel cable going up to the lift arm.
It has an OEM lift on it now.

I think I still have the cable. If you pay the shipping, it can be yours.

315675.jpg

Attachments

• 315675.jpg
    315675.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 142
  • err.gif
    err.gif
    251 bytes · Views: 141
  • 315675.jpg
    315675.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 191
Marty, the photos were taken in the secure outdoor storage area of the Arctic Cat/John Deere/Yamaha equipment dealer where my brother works. He is their parts manager. The green stuff is mostly used equipment taken in on trade. Judging by the proportions of the Arctic Cat "boxes" they likely have snowmobiles in them.

Kraig,

Do you have a basic plan on how to adapt the "A" desk to the 125? The rack part of the undercarriage is simple, but what about the pulleys?

Might just try it out on the 1450 you got..... you may actually may like it.... Dad and I prefer the wideframe Cubs..... you might too...... In my opinion, your "perfection" picture should have a 149 in the picture........
whistling.gif

Attachments

• whistling.gif
    whistling.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 141
George,

I just noticed, your 8:35AM post says 23x10.50"s. I thought you were going with the 8.50's ???
1a_scratchhead.gif

Attachments

• 1a_scratchhead.gif
    1a_scratchhead.gif
    774 bytes · Views: 152
Kraig, all it takes is an extra narrow frame mule drive and a mule drive and hanger frame for a 44" deck. Just mix and match some parts and it will work. I have a 50A mounted on a 106. If your 125 has internal brakes, it works a lot easier.

I bought a new voltage regulator and starter/generator for one of my 129tractors. The regulator is a 4 wire type with an L terminal. Where does one land the L terminal wire. The regulator came without instructions. I do not want to mess this up. Thanks

Marty, yes the Carlisle 23x8.50 tire, sorry about that. Also picked up used brakes tonight too, I replaced the covered Ausco with the H-H style. And got two used rims with outside valve holes, I was told the Firestone 12x7 wheel is not original. Sometimes being practical outweighs originality, and is usually more cost effective.

George,

The 12x7 Firestone rims are the correct rims, but the valve stem hole is on the outside.
The ones you have probably came off of a Sears, or other garden tractor.

Cub Cadet rims were made by Firestone, and EWC.
thumbsup.gif

Attachments

• thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 138
Dale E.
It depends on what machine your talking about.
Do a search for this, "L terminal" and click the match all key words and you will find all the info you need.

Austin,

It plowed fine, but I couldn't put any down pressure on the plow.
An OEM one works much better.
Let me know if you want the cable.

Dale,

Check Roland's wiring diagram under the diagrams section on the main page.

My 125s starter/generator turns over too slow, the battery is good and fully charged, must use starting fluid and have charger on "To Start" to get it started. If I loosen up the mowing deck to take pressure off the front pulley then it won't mow properly.

Hey Wayne - oh now I know what you're talking about. The throttle shaft with the fitting that's peened over on the top. My 169 has that too. It's actually been ground off so it came apart and then brazed back together. (Unless that was my long gone loved it forever 1450 - I'll have to look next time I have a look at the 169).

Kraig - Oh Great One Keeper of the Photos - you're making a pretty big jump going from a 125 up to a 1450 with a 44A deck and a QA42A thrower. That's some of the best combination of stuff IH made. Fix her up, and get yourself a nice original high back seat and you'll REALLY be riding in style. Give your 125s some time to rest and recouperate.
biggrin.gif

I swear you'll love the 1450.

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 138
Kraig M. Good to see that you have your first Quietline home. Do you still need the side panels?

Scott, Wes, Hydro, I have spare narrow frame deck carriages so I can mix and match to adapt the mower to fit a narrow frame. I know which parts need to go where. Just need time to do it. The 1450 is, at present, a non-runner. However, before I do any adapting of the mower deck I will see if I can get the K321 to fire up. The tractor has some other issues that need attention as well. The steering is sloppy, one of the hydraulic control levers is real sloppy the other seems locked up. I have no idea if the PTO clutch is functional or how the hydro is. The release lever is I think missing the "flapper" but it rolls easily so I think the buttons are pressed down. Unfortunately right now I have zero time to work on it.
sad.gif
At least it's inside the pole barn at the family farm so it's protected from the elements.
happy.gif

Marlin, yes I will need the side panels and the other parts we discussed. The owner of the dealership checked with the PO and he no longer had the missing parts. I'm in no hurry so we might be able to get the parts moved via a Plow Day or the Cub transport network. Thank you!

Attachments

• sad.gif
    sad.gif
    897 bytes · Views: 133
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 145

Latest posts

Back