• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 20, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbarnett

displayname
doug barnett
Hey everyone. I just picked up 123 last weekend. I'm wondering if the rear lift from a 106 will fit. I have one I'm not using and it would great if it fit the 123

New pulleys on, mowing like a dream again =)

the old pulley was trashed, all the bearings accumulated on one side and just "melted" together..

=)

Brian, pictures
worthless.gif
show us some

My two favorite toys - they have a lot in common...

1) Both are air-cooled.
2) They both use Mobil 1 synthetic oil. One requires 1.5 quarts of 10W-30. The other requires 13.5 quarts of 15W-50.
3) One is IH yellow and white, the other is IH red (well, sort of).
4) Both are a blast to drive.
5) They are both reliable and fun to work on.
6) Each likes 91 octane, non-reformulated gasoline. One takes 1.5 gallons, the other takes 22 gallons to fill up.

Life would be boring without toys!

287659.jpg

David, on line 3,,well it looks like IH red and black...
ihrotate.gif

mowed with the 123 tonight, worked good until the deck belt shredded. Can anyone tell me what size belt I need for a 38in cast end deck and also for the pto/deck belt.

And, Doug, the 106 3-point should fit the 123. You won't need the "extra" mounting bracket from the 106.
happy.gif

I was wondering how you were going to do that Jeremiah?? Glad it's come together and it does look really good. Once fitted, I'll bet few will know or realize any difference.

i'm sure there are a bunch of these here but here's my take on it. some pics of my 109 with the hitch mount i made for it. started with 4 x 4 x 1/4 angle, cut to fit the differential, welded 2 1/4 inch gussets and drilled some holes. the bar for the ball is 3/8 x 2 1/2 and bolted to angle with 3/8 bolts and nylok nuts. 1 7/8 ball and 1/2 hole for pin. been using it for 15 years ... no problems.

287683.jpg

Mike,

I made a hitch plate just about the same as yours. I like the idea if having bar stock and an extra hole for a pin mount. I only have a 3/4 hole for the ball and the 1/4" plate seems to bend when heavly loaded. Also removing the ball to use a pin mount is a pain.

yeah jim, it does serve my needs and usually the only trailers it moves are at our sailing club getting boats to the beach but i have moved my 14 x 6 flatbed with it.

Adding to the "Hitch talk" IMHO this is THE BEST setup for the rear drawbar hitch. Made in South Elgin by a fellow Forum member.
287685.jpg

To any of the engine guys I have a 12 hp in a 127
that is really hard starting, been this way since a rebuild a few years ago. Spits back thru the carb. Checked timing, valve lash, rebuilt carb.
Just do not know where to go next. Any thoughts?
Thanks

TOM - I was going to suggest going up to the center pair of bolts on the rear cover to attach the hitch plate. MUCH stronger than just using the bottom three bolts.

All the quarter-scale tractor pullers use a hitch that bolts to ALL the cover bolts on the CC rearnend.

Kendall H., if it is spitting back out the carb, either the cam has come out of time or the intake valve isn't closing fully. I'd consider pulling the head and verify a piece of carbon (or other debris) isn't keeping it open. Do you know when the last time the head was off?

It may be that the valve needs "lapping in" to help it seal also.

Was it just me or was the 123 hydro smoother and less jerky than the later hydros?
And another while using my 782 it seemed like my eyes were burning from the exhaust fumes.There was no wind as I mowed.Never noticed fumes from the single cylinders.

Latest posts

Back