• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 19, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jessie S.
Spacer plate?
Are you talking about the mounting bracket?
297578.jpg

Charlie,

The parts lookup for the 1000, shows a plate on the back side of the coil that is part of the bracket assembly. It may have been original but is it necessary?

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

By Jonathan Danial Salatino (Jsalatino) on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 02:31 pm:

Since you guys are talking about safety switches I have a question I've ben wanting to ask . I have a 104 that had a few bad wires on it that I had to replace. It was the original wire harness. Long story short , I bypassed the safety switch , did it in the ignition switch itself. Would that cause my battery to go dead like it does? I do start it up and move it in and out of the garage a lot when I'm out there to give me more room.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

<font size="-1">Jonathan, I quoted your post in the Lawn Tractor forum to here in the main forum where it belongs. Depending on how you bypassed the safety switch, yes I believe that could contribute to it draining the battery. Here is a schematic for the 104. To bypass the safety switch properly, you would jumper a wire from the Orange wire to the wire that is Orange with Black tracer.</font>

297580.jpg

Charlie & Ken - I'm thinking he is talking about the KH-234323 Bar, Coil Bracket Back plate.

I've only see one QL with it on there, so I'd say it's not necessary. They probably had it to stiffen up where it mounts on the shroud.
I actually think that today's brackets are heavier duty than the old ones, but that's just be a figment of my imagination too!
biggrin.gif

All my QL's have 'em on there.
Just an additional reinforcement to prevent the tins from cracking, I suppose. That along with an excuse for usimg a few 4 latter words when re-assembling!!

Jeff (Bakers' Acres): Andy just came off an extended vacation but he's coming back on line as a mowing/towing machine. His muffler finally STB and melted his grille before I noticed it. I've got another muffler (that was supposedly a 169 muffler - not) that I'm going to adapt for now - however long "for now" may be. He says to say "Hi!" to Raggedy Ann and if he was there he'd keep those goats from jumping up on her.
happy.gif
happy.gif

I guess me and my better half could ride together,lol

Latest posts

Back