• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 29, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom R., here's what an intact one looks like.

286942.jpg

And here's where it goes. View is looking in from the right side through the opening in the frame where the implement lift handle is.

286943.jpg

Tom R.

If it starts without pushing the pedal down then you have no issues (most people by-pass that switch anyway).....

Been dry in N.E Ohio as of late. Tonight in the cool of the evening, I plan to use the International 1450 Cub Cadet garden tractor, and #2 IH cart equipped with 55 gallon barrel of water to water what I have planted thus far in the garden, Concord grapes, red raspberries my sour cherry tree, the asparagus patch, and the side lot of 5 cherry tomato plants. I use the full barrel of water at this point, but if I would have to guess, I could say that I use about 110 gallons once the garden is fully planted. Maybe twice a week if we don't receive any rain....

On my back burner of things to do, is replacing the cork gasket of my 1450's hydro pump/transmission joining area easy as a "piece of cake" ? Of course I never replaced one yet, though I don't have much to worry about at this time either. Other plans for the 1450 include new rag joints, at which I have been trying to figure out why some owner/operators double up at the hydro pump end. Next would be the crank seal replacement on the K321. I plan to order these items from Charlie this year.

I was just checking to see if anyone was home today, or not! Have a good one!

John-
Come a little more southwest. I still have wet spots in my back yard. I think later model quietlines came with 2 rag joints at the hydro from the factory. Parts lookup says 3 required. The picture doesn't show it but I assume 1 at the engine and 2 at the hydro.

Doug A- Thank you for the information on the later QL 1450's. That will explain what model I had seen with doubled up rag joints on.....as I have an early 1450. Perhaps if I pay attention, I will gain knowledge on why IHC went with 3 rags on the later models garden tractors including the 82 series, and make a determination as to whether or not it suits my 1450. Just looking ahead on some procedures {FAQ's} and calculations for the items that will be ordered.

The area I live in is the second most highest location in the state of Ohio. At the moment, this is the driest we have had so far all year. All in all, a decent location to be in the U.S.A .
Guess we're doing good to even have water!

Quick Question: Does one have to remove the PTO pulley to install the PTO "Spring Discs?" The instructions in the Service Manual leads me to believe I need to take the six (6) set screws out (ugh!), but the Engine section just says to "insert them."

Engine Info:

286967.jpg

Chassis Info:

286968.jpg

286969.jpg

286970.jpg

JEREMIAH - YES, the six set screws need to be removed, the PTO clutch/pulley slid forward a bit and the anti-rattle springs installed.

OR..... You can do what I do.... put the anti-rattle clips in a zip-lock baggie, or a baby food jar, or other storage receptical for safe keeping, preferably on a really high shelf in your shop so they don't disturb you.

Back