• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

engin fail 782

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tvelde

displayname
Tristan Van de Velde
Hey guys,

When I cut the grass with my original 782, the engine stops after 15 minutes. I only get it started again when it has cooled down sufficiently. It is a kholer kt 17 series II. What could be the matter? Can I take a few tests to find out what's wrong? The engine will continue to run without a heavy load. thanks in advance Tristan (from Belgium).

I would look at the Ignition Coil. My guess that the engine heat expands the coil windings when hot, and when the engine cools down, they make contact again.

I often read here on the forum that the fuel pump is also often the cause with potentially serious consequences for the engine. I would therefore preventively replace it with an electric one. But can someone provide me with the electrical connection diagram? And can I leave the old pump on?

There are two schematics, one for 782s with serial numbers below 719,999:

217201-jpg.125629

And one for 782s with serial numbers 720,000 to 750,126.

217212-jpg.125637

You should be able to leave the old fuel pump on but you would probably want to connect the inlet and outlet together with fuel line to seal it up. If you do remove the fuel pump you should install a block off plate.

Back