• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 16, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaytay

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Home of the Plow Special
Hmmmm... Not sure why Charlie "red dots" his own site.

Anyway, click on the "CC Specialties" site above, then go to the "belts" page. Measurements are all there...

I looked on the FAQ, and on the "What Belts fit my tractor" link, belts 4 is for tillers. I see belts for all of the tractor series with serials above 400000 but there is no information for those below 400000, specifically a 147 in my case. Also the 487 045 R2 in my parts list is not there either. So does anyone know if any of the belts for the higher serial numbered tractors will work, or what is the belt length that I need. Also what do you mean for "red dots" of my own site?? I hope you are serious that there are no stupid questions. Again, thanks in advance. Charles Anderson

Charles,

IH-487045-R2 BELT 13/32 X 141.88"

These are still available.

Jim

Charles E.
CC Specialties looks to have them in stock.

Listed as 13/32" X 141.8" PN / IH-487045-R2

I'm going to need one before two long. However I want to take the tiller off the 122 and use a 105 I got last year.
When I get the time to work on them I thinking about the two belt system build, talked about some time ago. My son now is working in his fab shop at work. So by "I'm", I meant him. LOL

Too many cubs. Not enough time.

Does anyone make blades with more lift that will fit a 48" mower deck on a 147? I seem to have trouble cutting the grass that is run down by the tires. I would like to try the Gator blades but I don't think they make that size. Any modifications anyone has made that help do a better cutting job?

still progressing...gotta sharpen the blades, measure for a spindle drive belt, get the guides/wheels on and try this thing out....

297501.jpg

297502.jpg

i'm a flatwasher/lockwasher guy so....
297503.jpg

Scott N.,

Thanks for the clarification on Lawn Boy/Toro not being part of MTD.

Robby S.,

You'll need to go to your nearest Toro/Lawn Boy dealer and figure out the cooresponding Lawn Boy model numbers made in the same 1972-74 time frame to get parts for your IH push mower. Hopefully they have a good part guy that doesn't mind doing a little digging. I know you can still get some parts for the older 2-cycle Lawn Boy mowers.

Dave thats just good surface rust, did you get the turn rod with u-joint?

for part info look on this site CubCadetOnline.com and look under commercial 2001 and before. The bad news is it states call them. I just looked up a 1972 model 3312 mower.

Ed - not sure why I'd go any further than the link for parts lookups at the top of the page. Note that is not Cub Cadet Corporation's (MTD)website you pointed at, just another retailer (who doesn't contribute to paying for this forum, like CC Specialties does) just sayin'........
1a_scratchhead.gif

Jeff, Yah, it's all there and it's a QA also.
Should look good on the front of the 126 when I get it done.

Got the wire harness for it in the mail yesterday along with the terminals I need for the 882.
Progress, albeit slow, at last!

Question:

Is the Case IH Iron Gard federal yellow paint the same color as the Cub Cadet Cadet Yellow, or would it be a different shade of yellow?

John Boelens, thanks for that info on the 48" deck blades.

Thanks Charlie.
I have been using the Iron Gard all along. I am very pleased with the way it turns out, since I am an amateur painter.
My dad bought me a quart of the Cub Cadet yellow for Christmas. I am painting his 122, and didn't want to have two different shades on it.

Back