• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 16, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John,
Neat pic! Looks kinda familiar.........Saw that in person at AJ's Jamboree last May maybe?
1a_scratchhead.gif
beer2.gif

Josh, you sure did! My stomping grounds. I live about 6 miles away.

AJs was a ton of fun, lots of nice cubs

is that Tim G in the carhart looking down the shute?

DON - You're in a world of trouble if you need my help!

What's up?

Denny,
roflol.gif
That's the funniest thing I've heard in ages!

Denny just heading out the door for supper. I have a guy here that says JD are the only tractor maker . I think I pissed him off lol. I said I could not remember the number of the JD that was a dog till they came out the next year with a turbo.

Don - Enjoy your supper!

I think you're thinking of the 6030. Built from 1972 to 1977 and they only built 4028 total, 800 per year, or about four per day. They built 45 with a non-turbo 531 cid diesel making barely 130 HP then added the turbo plus intercooler and got them up to 176 hp, which still made them a big clumsy underpowered tractor, but at least a few people bought them. With today's tractor pulling rules, they use them in tractor pulling where you run component tractors, basically nothing has to be from the brand or model of tractor the pulling tractor is claimed to be.

The prior model to the 6030 was the 5020 which was rated 130 & later 140 HP, and before then, the 5010 which was only 120 hp. Only 7553 5010's were made from 1963 till 1965, and 12,909 5020's between 1965 and 1972. During the time JD was selling the big 2wd's, IH was selling 4wd's, as was Stieger and Versatile.

Denny
thanks for the info. yep I think he is a guy that don`t know that you should never beat a wet cow patties with a flat shovel. I said cubs can`t compare to big tractors but they can sure do more than there share . and JD `s are panted green so people driving by won`t notice what your using to mow grass and the yellow seat is so you can find it in the grass next summer after it broke down in the fall. lol

Jeff B - yep - That's Ol Giper! You can thank him for the big mess I hve now - he found me my 2nd Cub Cadet and it's just been craziness since then. There's probably close to 50 Cubs round here now!

Latest posts

Back