• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Declan—A 782 for mom!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstertz

displayname
joshua donald stertz
Hobby’s can often become family affairs. Each one of my children have their own GT as does my wife. My dad has three tractors of his own and me—well I have more than a few!☺️ My mom has been sympathetic to the hobby but not all that interested in it. However, when she saw their old 875 Wheel Horse worker in the Omro 4th of July parade a few years back...

A7B1CA47-605E-4140-A799-67E908850846.jpeg

Something started to click in her brain about getting her own tractor. Her favorite color is red and so it was fitting when I purchased this 782 that she would be interested in it. I purchased it off a guy who had owned it for several decades as his primary worker. When I saw the ad for it, the four wheel Carlisle AG tires are what drew me to it.
9D702CBF-F34E-4028-9CCE-809D5612BE75.jpeg

My plan was to buy it, swap the wheel and tire package, clean it up, and sell it. I texted a picture to my dad of the tractor and within a few hours, I received a text from mom that stated she wanted it. Since it was going to be for mom and likely used alongside the Chief for regular mowing duties, I wanted to make sure everything was solid and in good working order. I had purchased this Honda GX670 from Mike Masherias back in 2016.
64491FD8-EC47-4664-8BB4-A8F512F2A0F7.jpeg

I had intended on using it in my 582 plow tractor but with low hours and installed PTO, it had to go on mom’s 782. It was an easy swap but still required some wiring work to get everything working on it as it should.
D9BFF69F-0A32-45E2-AB97-79F0086128EB.jpeg

Once mom had the tractor, she decided to name it Declan.
AB20F4A1-C41C-4212-80BC-5FDB935C544E.jpeg

After using it all last summer and the start of this year, Dad decided that it needed to have power steering retrofitted to it just like we did back in 2015 to the Chief. More on that upgrade soon!

Back