Archive through June 16, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Terry D.
Funny you should bring that up. LOL
259503.jpg

Terry ... Mike is correct, but if you find a shop that knows to heat treat the shaft after welding, it should be OK....

Hi guys does anyone on here have any info on the cub original with the peninnton front mount mower deck.I have never heard of that and im just curious.If so could you please call me thats the best way to get me.Thanks Brian1-815-541-8691

Thanks Digger well have you ever seen one of those mounted on the front of the original or did they not do that.

Ok that helps but i take it they didnt do to many of them right.What are your thoughts on it.

There is a guy that has one and i am thinking about buying it but i want to make sure that they did it and it wasnt done in someones garage.

hey guys, forgive the deviation in topic, could anyone inform me as to a good place to have a kohler crank ground, I cant for the life of me remember who I used for mine, Im helping a buddy rebuild his 122, thanks for the help.
thumbsup.gif

Good to see there is not many Cub complaints on here today. I used my Zeroturn to mow because all my Cubs are berried in my garage with just two walk ways open in a 29' x 30' shop. I`am helping a friend for a few weeks and I`am missing my shop and my tractors for sure. Have a great week ... Later Don T
259519.gif

Spent a little time with the 1650 tonight. I can't explain it, but if it is sunny and clear, I struggle to work in the basement on anything! Tonight's effort was on the gas tank and gas line to the carb. The shut-off valve was clogged, so I pulled it off and of course destroyed the rubber grommet that holds it in place. Everytime I monkey with one of these shut-off valves on a tank - with a screen in the tank, the screen NEVER survives the trip on and off the tank. This one was no different. After I got the crud out of the valve, I found my spare grommet and reinstalled the on/off valve and the tank onto the tractor. From there I went to the carb. There is a 90 degree elbow that screws in the carb and it was full of crud too. I took it off and looked in the carb and there was build-up there too. Pulled the bowl on the carb and found a fair amount of varnish. Looks like I need to get one of these gallon cans of parts cleaner - they type that has a basket in it so you can lower parts into it.

Not sure if the carb on this tractor is a walboro or carter. I've got carter carb's that have the model number, i.e. 26, stamped on the carb inlet and walboro carbs that have the word "walboro" stamped on the carb near the top/side. This carb has neither. I'll get the numbers off the engine and drill into it another evening.

Mowed again with the 126 and am still getting use to the FAST 2nd gear. I've got another color gear drive tractor and 2nd gear is 3.2 mph. This 126 is 3.9 mph and that .7 mph is a very noticeable difference. The other color tractor feels just a bit to slow, the 3.9 mph on the 126 if great if the ground is smooth, but if it get's lumpy, the ride is right bumpy! I've noticed the wide frame 128's 2nd gear is 3.5 mph. That might be the right compromise mowing gear for the yard I'm mowing. I gotta figure out how to get a 128 in the basement without Momma chopping off my head...

Not trying to get the GREAT hydro vs gear drive debate going, but just sharing some observations. I only mow in 1st or 2nd gear on the 126. As I said above, 3.9 mph is FAST (to me) and 1st gear at 2.3 mph as compared to my other color gear drive tractor, who's 1st gear is 2.0 mph is fast too - for trimming. I find myself doing a lot of clutching on the 126 when slowing down for trimming vs the other color tractor. Don't know what harm I'm doing clutching an IHCC to control the ground speed. I can see that IH's own gear drive tractors could make the case for hydro at some level. The differences in gear speed is much more noticeable with the 126 vs my other color tractor. I can see where the hydro fills these wide gaps in ground speed on the 126 and helps make the case for the infinite speeds a hydro offers. I never really noticed this with my other color gear drive tractor. Probably all this dribble on my part is unnecessary and boring, but this IHCC has/is an interesting ride - especially as I get seat time on both hydro and gear drive tractors. It is also interesting to me the comparison to my other color tractors as they were competitors back in the day.

Donald T - I've been watching for a post on your zero turn. I had a situation a couple of weeks ago where my fleet of push mowers were down and I had to borrow one to finish my yard!

that was my guess Charlie but I didnt see it listed so I didnt want to "be that guy and ask the stupid question", thank you
happy.gif

Bill, my buddy has a 122 and I own a 149 with a 12 hp transplant so theyre relatively matched, Im sure this is a tad biased, but my hydro seems faster and seems to pull better (heavier tractor I would assume with the fluid weight and all the hydraulic system involved? just my guess) but in top gears and WOT - neck and neck racing lol - you might be a redneck if...
lol.gif

I do know that the hyrdos are better for loaders and or dozer blades, and mowing due to no need for clutching every 3 seconds and so on, but the gear drives especially with a creeper installed are by far superior pullers. - my 2 cents

Morning all. Just thought I'd start the day with a pic of a couple new toys. Got these from John Boelens up in IL. The 73 runs out great and the 71 is gonna need some engine work. Think I just caught him at a weak moment as both have the round fenders which he is VERY fond of. Also picked up a 72 with fenders but haven't picked up yet so no pics yet.

259529.jpg

Latest posts

Back